4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, great author!
Published on 9 Jan. 2011 by claire

2.0 out of 5 stars Flowers for his funeral
I enjoyed some of the earlier books more than this one.

While we're told a murder occurs at the Chelsea Flower Show, and it does, we get almost nothing of the show setting, just hot and crowded and then they leave, so it feels like a swizz. The actual death takes place on a public street.

Meredith Mitchell and her inspector friend Markby are like an...
Published 6 months ago by Clare O'Beara

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, great author!, 9 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Flowers for his Funeral (A Mitchell & Markby Cotswold Whodunnit) (Paperback)
My Mum has so many books by Ann Granger and loves her style of writing. She has yet to read this book as she has many more to read before she does, but can't wait to get started on this one. She seemed to be impressed with the synopsis of the story on the back of the book. A typical whodunnit book, but written in such a wonderful way, you can't put Ann's books down. I would recommend for any whodunnit literary readers out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars ann grainger, 30 Jan. 2011
A Kid's Review
I read Ann Graingers Mitchell and Markby books a few years ago and recently started to read them again. Have enjoyed them as much, if not more this time round. Always a good plot, combined with a bit of romantic interest, feel as if I know Mitchell and Markby.

2.0 out of 5 stars Flowers for his funeral, 5 July 2014
Clare O'Beara - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I enjoyed some of the earlier books more than this one.

Meredith Mitchell and her inspector friend Markby are like an old married couple, except they've never been either married or a couple. In this book there is no spark of love at all. Perhaps that's because Meredith's school mate turns out to be Markby's ex wife. It's her new husband who is unfortunately killed.

I thought that for a police inspector Markby seems to know just about nothing, including that his ex and her Mediterranean husband were living in a large country house not far from him. Overall I did find the tale tedious and the characters all one-sided.

The author still uses exclamation marks! all the time! when most of us would use them once or twice a book. She also uses It with incredible frequency; close to the start a long paragraph consists of four sentences, three of which start with It. The passive voice is used almost all the way through - it had been raining, etc. Maybe some editor decided to prove that a book written against all best writing advice might still sell.

5.0 out of 5 stars favourite, 21 April 2014
denise (United kingdom) - See all my reviews
another of my favourite series for reading second hand and in very good condition a good buy very pleased thanx

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent story teller, 25 Jan. 2014
Mrs. A. E. Farrington (UK) - See all my reviews
Another good read in the Mark by and Mitchell series, as usual the twists and turns keep you guessing till the end.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Mitchell & Markby books - recommended, 1 Jan. 2014
I read all the Mitchell & Markby books when they first came out and have found that they are quite easy to return to every few years. I've started re-reading the entire series again and replacing some of the more worn out ones from Amazon

Flowers For His Funeral is the 6th (out of 15)and is one of the best.

Here we have Alan and Meredith meeting up, by accident, with Alan's ex wife and her current husband. The husband unfortunately dies the same afternoon! The rest of the book takes place in the hamlet of Lynstone where the ex-wife lives. There is the usual assortment of rural oddbods and two more murders. The plot gallops along and the ending is unpredictable, at least to me.

Like all the M&M books, this is an easy read and quite cosy. As the series goes on, the on-off relationship between Meredith and Alan can get a bit tiresome, but this book is mid series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a good read, 1 Nov. 2013
Ann Granger can be relied upon to produce the goods every time. An excellent pairing of Mitchell and Markby, with the sub plot of their ongoing relationship.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flowers for his funeral, 17 July 2012
Alwyn Smith "wordsmith" (Stockport, Cheshire. UK) - See all my reviews
I thought that I had read all of Ann Granger's "Markby and Mitchell" stories until I started adding them to my Amazon Kindle list, then I found 2 which I had missed. This is one of them. Up to standard, with realistic characters and well thought-out plots, with a sting in the tail.

Flowers for his Funeral (A Mitchell & Markby Cotswold Whodunnit)