4.0 out of 5 stars unputdownable!
I read the Old Girl Network just after Xmas and thought it was brilliant so when i learned there was a sequal i had to ruch out to buy it! I was not disappointed! From start to finish Polly has you locked in her fantasy world where anything is possible! She agrees to lend her home and land to a film crew and its "actors" for their new ad this as can be imagined sparks...
Published on 24 Mar 2004 by Claire, Lulu

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny!
I did enjoy this book which I purchased after reading Oliva's Luck. The lead character of Polly is funny as a city girl out of water in the country scene. Particularly liked the horse awards at the beginning! However I have to say that I much prefered Oliva's Luck to this as the storyline was a tad predictable and did not have as many storylines running throught it.
Published on 6 May 2001 by Walsall Wench

5.0 out of 5 stars A book worth reading., 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Going Too Far (Paperback)
I really enjoy reading books by this writer. I intend to buy all her books eventually. A read a awful lot of books.

1.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't recommend it, 8 Sep 2012
This review is from: Going Too Far (Paperback)
I am sorry to say that I had to give up on this book, the main character was extremely shallow and unlike able. The fact of the first few chapters sees her decide to let a TV commercial be filmed at her working farm without telling her husband was beyond stupid especially as it is a dog commercial and it's lambing season. I certainly wouldn't recommend it

2.0 out of 5 stars A gulp too far, 16 Sep 2011
This review is from: Going Too Far (Paperback)
I started off liking scatty heroine Polly, but well before the end I would have willingly strangled the silly creature, which would at least have prevented her interminable gulping. (The phrase "I gulped" occurs at least 70 times.)The rest of the time she is smoking or drinking or sitting on her fat arse, making for a pretty boring reading experience. Sorry Catherine Alliott, but you went too far.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 16 July 2010
This review is from: Going Too Far (Paperback)
I am a huge lover of Catherine Alliotts books, but this one really didn't hit the spot. I found the main character totally unbelievable and the story very weak.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not 'going too far' with praise for this book., 16 July 2002
Ms. R. Alderson "RT" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Going Too Far (Hardcover)
This book was a fantastic read- a wickedly funny romance that captures the heart of the reader. it combines wit, frivolry and humour. At times, I found myself in tears of laughter! The scatty hero, Polly is fantastic and every 20something girl in Britain will be able to relate to her. Through this book, we follow her intermost fears and unavoidable dilemmas!
This book is any easy read which you can pick up at any time. It isnt complicated and would, I imagine appeal most to young, single, career minded women.
It combines harmless fun with an underlying moral and makes an excellent read. I couldnt put it down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Catherine Alliott Going Too Far, 9 Oct 2009
This review is from: Going Too Far (Paperback)
Catherine Alliot will make you laugh make you cry she is a brilliant writer and Going Too Far does not dissapoint.

1.0 out of 5 stars Normally love this author but found this book and the heroine ..., 13 Aug 2014
This review is from: Going Too Far (Kindle Edition)
Normally love this author but found this book and the heroine very irritating

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun - if a bit predictable, 15 Aug 2000
This review is from: Going Too Far (Paperback)
My boyfriend bought me 'The Old Girl Network' for a long train journey and I really didn't think I would enjoy it, but I found it quite compulsive reading. I then bought 'Going too Far'. Polly can get a bit annoying as she can be really stupid and very subservant to her man, but generally it was great light reading for the bus and tube and I would recommend them both as fun summer books for the beach.

5.0 out of 5 stars The funniest book I have ever read. Real girl power., 13 Aug 1999
This review is from: Going Too Far (Paperback)
This book was so funny that I have lent it to many of my friends, but, I always insist that they return it. I usually read it when I am feeling a bit low and need a good laugh. The character (Polly) is so down to earth and realistic it is easy to imagine yourself in similar situations.
I would recommend it to anybody with a sense of humor.

5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommended, 10 Mar 2000
This review is from: Going Too Far (Paperback)
This is a wonderful book i read this and the old girl net work straight off with tears rolling down my cheeks and laughing out loud , you can just imagne your self in polly's shoes , i have since read all Ms Alliots books and they are all equally as good im desperate to read her next ....so pen to paper quickly please Ms alliot !

Going Too Far
Going Too Far by Catherine Alliott (Paperback - 19 Jan 1995)
Used & New from: £0.01