4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read!, 28 Jan 2012
Mrs. K. Blunt "katherine2701" (london, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cold in the Earth (A Mitchell & Markby Cotswold Whodunnit) (Paperback)
I enjoyed this mystery and would order another book by Ann Granger. I do wish I liked the central character Meredith more however, as I find her comments curt to the point of rudeness on occasion. I like the storylines but the characterisations are a little weak and often I find it so difficult to connect with the characters that I have to keep referring back to earlier in the book to find out who they were again! However, as a murder mystery they are similar to the Midsomer Murders mysteries in their setting and make an enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spellbinding, 28 Feb 2014
You were drawn into the plot right from the beginning, as with her other novels you didn't want to put it down. The characters were well described and lifelike and, as the reader, I was there, in the village and knew these people.
I now need to buy another.

5.0 out of 5 stars this was a gift and the recipient was pleased with it. so overall, pleased that I bought this and the price was compitive., 16 Feb 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 13 Feb 2014
Just discovered this author and change from my normal reading, wish author would number books in series as important to read in order

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent Christmas present., 9 Jan 2014
Paul Bell (Isle of Wight) - See all my reviews
We have read several of this series. It was a splendid story and was excellent as a Christmas present for my wife.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good atmosphere with well-drawn characters, 12 Mar 2001
By A Customer
Ann Granger, as always, breathes life into her characters and in this novel she also creates a threatening atmosphere. The solution to the mystery was also satisfying and believable and not one that could be spotted half way through.

ARRAY(0xb577551c)

Cold in the Earth (A Mitchell & Markby Cotswold Whodunnit)
Cold in the Earth (A Mitchell & Markby Cotswold Whodunnit) by Ann Granger (Paperback - 27 Nov 1992)
6.29