4.0 out of 5 stars Ken Hom Cooks Thai (but not as I know it)
Published on 16 Feb. 2001 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars More Chinese than Thai
Although I like Ken Hom's books I was rather disappointed with this effort for the simple reason that his is interprepation makes the food more Chinese than Thai.
Published on 30 Nov. 2006 by goosejang

4.0 out of 5 stars Ken Hom Cooks Thai (but not as I know it), 16 Feb. 2001
This review is from: Ken Hom Cooks Thai (Paperback)
I am a Thai who loves Chinese food, and I have a lot of respect for Mr Hom. I use his Chinese cookery books all the time and his advice keeps my wok in pristine condition. But I have to say that none of the recipes in this book - fantastic though they look, sound, and no doubt taste - are recognisable to me as authentic. I have cooked Thai for a while and eaten it for longer (all my life) so I should know. Now I am well aware that this book is Mr Hom's interpretation of Thai dishes and he makes no claims to the contrary. His appreciation and enthusiasm for Thai food is especially infectious. However, there remains an understandably heavy bias for Chinese based dishes and cooking styles. All this is not obvious unless you are able to thumb through the book. So my comments here are merely cautionary to potential buyers of this book on Amazon. If you're looking for authenticity then look elsewhere. Otherwise, like me, you are sure to get hours of pleasure from the imaginative and tasty recipes in this beautifully presented book written by one of the best in the business.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to follow, 4 Feb. 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Ken Hom Cooks Thai (Paperback)
I agree that these recipes are not entirely authentic. However, a lot of the finished dishes do bear quite a strong resemblance to authentic Thai food (although none of them are very spicy which was one thing I remember about Thai food in Thailand). The best thing about this book, however, is the fact that all the recipes are very easy to follow, the ingredients are not mpossible to find, the finished dishes are very tasty and guests are always suitably impressed. Additionally, authentic Thai food can take a long time to prepare (at least for a non-Thai person!) whereas these recipes are fairly quick so, for an "easy to prepare" taste of Thailand, I can fully recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Chinese goes Thai. The perfect combination, 27 Jan. 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Ken Hom Cooks Thai (Paperback)
Ken Hom has great credit promoting Chinese cooking in the world. This universal cuisine of the Far East seems to incorporate almost all styles. Yet Thai Cuisine has a very distinct touch. The extensive use of fresh coriander, lemon grass and fish sauce make Thai cuisine taste completely different from what we learnt so far from Ken Homs wonderful books about the Chinese cuisine. Thailand is a country of cultural mixtures. The Chinese play a great role. Mastercook Ken Hom is probably the best cook to promote the dialogue between China, Europe and Thailand. A wonderful combination which makes curious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic , Easy To Prepare Recipes, 5 Dec. 2005
D. Mohanani "Dil" (Sri Lanka) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ken Hom Cooks Thai (Paperback)
I love this book and have cooked many recipes from it and they have turned out very well. The food is easy to prepare, the recipe instructions are clear and precise and the ingredients are fairly easy to find. The lemongrass and prawn soup is one of the recipes that turned out extremely well for me. I love to cook and this is one of my favourites because I know I will not be disappointed with the results. It is a reliable cookbook in the sense that I am sure that the end result will always be something really awesome.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous recipes - easy to recreate with most things one has in the ..., 8 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Ken Hom Cooks Thai (Paperback)
Fabulous recipes - easy to recreate with most things one has in the pantry or refrigerator. Shame, the book was quite badly water damaged but it was bought second hand and you have to take your chances. Still the recipes are wonderful and sure to please!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thai lovers 'Bible', 24 July 2013
J. R. Saunders (Los Romanes Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ken Hom Cooks Thai (Paperback)
I have had this book for over twenty years, when I bought it at a signing. The recipes have never let me down. I bought this copy for my Grandson who love's my Thai cooking. Now he can impress his friends. Delicious easy recipes.

2.0 out of 5 stars More Chinese than Thai, 30 Nov. 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent recipes!, 24 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Ken Hom Cooks Thai (Paperback)
Excellent recipes. A user friendly recipe book. This is one of my favourite recipe books as the recipes all turn out very well. Ken Hom has excelled here!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and very tasty meals in very little cooking time ..., 27 July 2014
This review is from: Ken Hom Cooks Thai (Paperback)
Simple and very tasty meals in very little cooking time. However, getting all the ingredients together takes time. Well worth the effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cookery book, 7 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Ken Hom Cooks Thai (Paperback)
Tried everywhere to get this recipee book it has some very good recipees in for anyone who likes Thai food would recommend

Ken Hom Cooks Thai
Ken Hom Cooks Thai by Ken Hom (Paperback - 4 Feb. 1999)
Used & New from: £0.01