5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Boy ! This book bites !, 28 Jan 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: The Tutankhamun Prophecies: The Sacred Secret of the Mayas, Egyptians and Freemasons (Hardcover)
This has to be the best book I have ever read. Stand back John Grisham ! If you have an open mind and are interested in learning about who we are, why we are here, etc then you will have to trust me when I say you must read this book. I do suggest though that you read the Mayan Prophecies, the Orion Mysteries, Edgar Cayce on Atlantis before reading this masterpiece, and in that order. They are all interlinked, and it will help you to understand. This book really questions everything and looks at giving us a greater understanding of life. It sheds significant light on the role of the sun in our reproductive cycles and personalities.
This book is absolutely amazing, one word of caution though, it can be very frightening. We are dealing wwith religion, Gods, and such like so please do read this with an open mind.
Good on you Maurice Cottrell and keep up the good work.
Peter

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent explanation of links in History, 13 April 1999
By A Customer
I picked up this book believing it to be about 'The Curse of the Tomb'. Upon reading I became engrossed in the amount of detail shown by Maurice Cotterell. An excellent read for anyone interested in Egyptian history and culture

4.0 out of 5 stars Stranger than fiction, 17 Oct 2010
An extraordinry book by an extraordinary man containing extraordinary material supported by photographs and documented facts.

That there were advanced civilizations previously is without doubt given the amount and location of megalithic structures which we with all our technology cannot yet replicate. Even with their abilities they could not stop their demise. This being so, it is hardly surprizing that clues were left by them for us, which we can only discover once we have reached a certain level of education and technology. Maurice Cotterell seems to have decoded such information, using the univeral unchanging language: mathmatics.

So much of what we see around us is like fiction: the soap operas, self-serving religions, scary news, banking scandals and fabricated wars. By contrast I see a truth in Mr Cotterell's work. There are several interviews and presentations by Mr Cotterell on Youtube which are well worth watching.

I hope the conclusions in this book are true, for it truely gives a meaning and reason to life.

RECOMMENDED.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for people with an open mind, 27 Feb 2001
By A Customer
Having read the Mayan Prophecies and the Supergods I was exited to see the 'new' title. Unfortunately the Dutch translation feels a bit Flemish (I will definitly buy the originals from now on) The book is written in a somewhat aggressive way, like the Supergods. This does harm to the contents of the book. Cotterell takes you on a journey full of numbers and symbols. That's where he is at his best. His feeling for symbols is remarkable! He brings religions together in a somewhat primitive way. The bottom line is that he unveils an ancient mystery and seems to be heading for more. There may be 'facts' that are questionable but his final conclusion stands.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 13 July 2014