Format: Hardcover|Change

on 22 April 2013
I do tend to buy autobiographies most of the time, I enjoy the music and I just love to know and understand how each of the artists concerned became the stars they are today. I am half way through this book and as with every other book I can feel the hardships, the joy etc in which they have had to endure. John Denver alas died far too young in a plane crash with him at the controls. He had reached a very high point in his life and then it was snatched away in the blink of an eye. Reading this book, you can see he was very talented from his early youth, even though his father was a very hard man, but I think both John and his father did indeed love each other, in their own way. I will finish the book in the coming days, so if you like John Denver please buy it and enjoy his life through his own words.
on 16 December 2015
What a great book, learnt so much about John Denver and his life. Great to know he also made mistakes-just as Iv'e done
on 2 November 2014
This is a very honest biography of a very talented but often sad man. Any John Denver fan would find it interesting.
on 18 February 2015
Interesting and easy to read. What a great loss to music.
on 9 January 2011
disappointed . more of a how i made my name in music rather than an autobiog . looked forward to chapter "finding space " thinking it would be about his wanting to be a astronaut but wasn't . Flitted from relationship with annie . When got on to cassie it said about saving marriage but don't remember reading that they had got married . maybe i was too sleepy . read it in 2 nights because quite short not because i couldn't put it down . seemed a very lonely man throughout didn't do him justice and to read about his flying seems hard to believe he died in a plane crash . left me wanting more !
on 8 February 2016
As described and quick delivery
on 25 January 2016
very interesting book
on 27 February 2011
This was not what I thought it would be. Very new-age in part but overall a sentimental wishy washy read. Must admit I skipped several parts in my attempts to find some real 'meat' in the material. Cannot recommend.