5.0 out of 5 stars a wonderful read
Published 22 months ago by RGW

1.0 out of 5 stars Jackie
This has to be the most badly written and boring book I have ever read - my advice - Do not bother.
Published 24 months ago by Nellie

5.0 out of 5 stars a wonderful read, 30 Aug 2012
This review is from: Child Star (Mass Market Paperback)
This is one of the best autobiographies I've ever read; a page turner, very enlightening and well written with interesting descriptions. How Shirley Temple managed to fit in such a good education alongside her extremely full itinery I don't know. I'm glad I read her story from her own words rather than all the biogs out there about her. Two thirds of the book is taken up with ages 3-7, but that's where all the interesting accounts are and it's amazing just how vivid and well they are painted/remembered. If you want to know about her political career, you won't find it in here. It made me go back to the early films and see them in fresh light; one where sadly I could see that many of the chlidren would be considered abused if they were forced to work like that now. Nevertheless, Shirley's life and personality is evidently full of happiness and it's that positive overtone that I took away from it. There is also plenty of reference to other stars of the day (stage and otherwise) from the perspective of a child which is fascinating. The book concludes as she leaves film and heads,as a wife and mother,into a new arena. I Loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars hollywood child star, 29 Jan 2014
R. Hopkins (west yorkshire, united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Child Star (Mass Market Paperback)
Happy with my purchase. Looking forward to reading it. Having enjoyed the movie Heidi, I wanted to know more about her.Thanks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Jackie, 16 July 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling Service, 25 Mar 2014
F. M, Adamson (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Child Star (Mass Market Paperback)
I ordered and paid for a NEW book 30.00 ($46.00) and a battered second hand book arrived this morning, some 2 months after order.

Appalling service

Child Star: An Autobiography
Child Star: An Autobiography by Shirley Temple (Hardcover - 8 May 1989)
Used & New from: 0.01