Format: Hardcover|Change

on 12 January 2010
My four year old loves this book. As an adult who has been to some of these buildings mentioned in the book, I found it entertaining and interesting as well and found out things that I didn't know! Full of facts to satisfy a four year old and a Mum at the same time, so it makes it very interesting for an adult to read to a child. He asks for it a lot, and I never get bored reading it to him because it's very well researched.
on 8 February 2012
I'm a big fan of the 'See inside' series, with my 7 year old being fascinated by the brain and body books. I bought this to broaden his knowledge in a fun and interesting way. It covers landmark (not necessarily all that famous) buildings across the world in an easy to read and understand way. The plethora of hidden flaps makes each one exciting to read and the fold out page at the back of the book is an interesting way to put the size of the buildings into perspective.

My 9 year old also could not put this book down - we used it for general geography awareness by looking on a world map for the countries in which the buildings were situated - a fun exercise.

I'd thoroughly recommend the book for a wide range of ages - it's the kind of thing they pick up frequently. Money well spent :-)
on 13 April 2009
I liked both the book structure and lay out, it helped me and my children (7 and 11 y.o.) to undertake a trip around world architecture - in an easy way. There are only most important features on the buildings reflected in the book, and reading does not make it difficult for children, and it is not boring. It fits well for all those who like to travel and to investigate the world - if they are at the very beginning like us.
on 5 March 2012
I love this series, and more importantly so does my three year old daughter - beautifully made with loads of flaps to open, whilst learning useful facts and how things work.
on 1 October 2015
I bought this for my 6 year old daughter - it was fun for us to look at together but really too old for her. She started reading / exploring it on her own from around 8 and is still using it from time to time at 10. As a parent I think it's a really neat way of introducing kids to something they might not be immediately interested in as the "open flaps" design and interesting facts draw them in and the illustrations are really great.
on 18 October 2015
This is an exciting book with a lot of good information! But there is a comment about the Eiffel tower that it gains a few inches every summer and it doesnt say that it contracts back! Are you saying that it keeps growing every summer?!
This is causing confusion...please clarify.
I think you were referring to metal expansion...linear expansivity...but please add that it contracts back.
Tomi
STEM Ambassador
on 25 March 2013
A beautifully drawn book (external and cross-section views of famous buildings) Interesting facts included. Bought for a boy of 5, who likes the pictures and the comparisons in the heights of the buildings. However, the book would be good for older children with an interest in structure of buildings.
on 30 December 2015
Great present for my little brother who has a fascination with famous towers! He's memorised all the heights and the illustrations are beautiful
on 11 February 2013
This was a Christmas present for my 8 year old greatgranddaughter,she is very happy with it and appears to be learning quite a lot from it.
on 13 February 2014
came before estimated delivery date
grate gift for children of all ages
i gave this item as a gift they loved it