Format: HardcoverChange

on 11 January 2009
I bought this for my 5 year old because she loves all of the big cats and she is obsessed with this book. She really enjoys going onto the internet using the links and has even learnt how to download files. The links are for Animal Planet, BBC Big Cat Diary, National Geographic and she sits and watches the videos etc on the computer. The pictures in the book are great and the information on the cats is more detailed than I thought. The book not only covers the usual lions, tigers, cheetahs and leopards but also American big cats and small wild cats.

This book is great to look at, really factual and well worth the money.
11 comment20 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 June 2014
I bought this for my class (year 3) as a reference book for our topic. The children loved it. It's full of facts that are very easy to read and lovely illustrations. Each page is dedicated to a different big cat.

Also, it photocopies really well - so you can buy one and everyone can use it! I did this so that we could look at a different big cat on each table and then teach another group what they have learnt, etc.
on 7 September 2015
This is a really lovely book. My grandson is four and is really interested in the cat family at the moment. It is a factual book with lovely illustrations and good value for money. I was a bit worried that some of the facts are gruesome but he loves it!! We also like the links to the internet. We will be buying more of the series.
on 12 September 2015
A well written non-fiction book with all the components which are taught at KS1 level. Good illustrations, clear title, headings, captions etc. very suitable for supporting learning on wild animals.
on 1 November 2013
I bought this for my eleven year old niece who is mad about big cats and she was more than happy with the product.
It arrived very quickly too, so great, really happy with my purchase.
on 27 March 2014
I love reading up about different types of big cats and this book gives you great information and pictures to look at.
on 1 January 2015
Bought this to go with the tiger book I purchased for my grandson this book was also a great hit easy to understand
on 17 July 2013
Great book my daughter loves it, lots of great pictures and illustrations. Great book my daughter loves it many thanks.