5.0 out of 5 stars Big fun book

Published on 25 Sep 2009 by P. Grodzicka

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Big fun book, 9 Aug 2008
This review is from: Farmyard Tales Wind-up Train Book (Hardcover)
I bought this for my 18 month old after having a play in a bookshop and she really loves it! It is a big chunky book and on every third page there is a different track on which you set a little wind up train off to race around it. It works amazingly well! Each track is nicely illustrated with lots of interesting things to point at along the way. There are 3 tracks in total. I haven't even read her the interspersed stories yet as she only wants me to set the train off over and over again! I suspect that eventually the train will break or get lost but I think we have already had our moneys worth! Great fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic interactive book for pre-school children, 19 Feb 2009
This review is from: Farmyard Tales Wind-up Train Book (Hardcover)
I bought this for my niece (4) and nephew (2) for Christmas and from the moment it was opened they were captured by it. They loved the fact the train went around the track and you could change the route by moving the dials in the book. They also have some of the other stories by this author so the characters tie in with others they are familiar with. Will be getting the tractor version for them on the next gift occasion I have!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 11 Feb 2009
This review is from: Farmyard Tales Wind-up Train Book (Hardcover)
Bought this for my nephew as he loves trains and books, so couldn't go wrong. Would recommend for any child, as there is lots to talk about on each page.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea - poor performance, 25 Sep 2009
P. Grodzicka (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Farmyard Tales Wind-up Train Book (Hardcover)
The book itself is beautifully made and was a real hit with my chum's train-loving three year old son. However, within two days the wind-up train had stopped working. I'd actually bought this book in Waterstones and found that train was already broken when I tried it so I'd taken it back to the shop and, as they had no more in stock, purchased another one on Amazon. It seems that a feeble wind-up mechanism is common to this product - one would think they would make something aimed at children a little more robust!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Book, 7 Jan 2013
Mrs. I. M. Cooke (Doncaster, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Farmyard Tales Wind-up Train Book (Hardcover)
When my granddaughter was small, she had something similar to this except it was just a single track. She always had lots of laughs and even when she was about 9 years old, she would still bring it out from her toy box at my house. We had acquired another little train so she, and grandad, would put both on the track and wait for them to crash. I couldn't wait to find a similar book for my friend's grandson who is nearly 3. He likes it too and the fact that it has 3 tracks (one including a "switch points" dial) it is probably be enjoyed by him for many years.
The book is colourful, sturdy and has a story to each track.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, but not perfect execution, 11 Aug 2011
C Harris (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Farmyard Tales Wind-up Train Book (Hardcover)
A great idea for the book, but not without issues.

As has been mentioned you have to go to some lengths to get the book to lay flat so that the train will run between the pages. The train, although still operational, rapidly runs out of "wind", so my boy mostly resorts to just pushing it around the page which he seems to like.

We haven't got as much use or enjoyment from this as I'd expected, but overall it's a good idea for a book - just could have been implemented a little better.

4.0 out of 5 stars really good idea, 21 Dec 2010
This review is from: Farmyard Tales Wind-up Train Book (Hardcover)
this is a great little book. Only thing which would give it another star would be a wind up train which little kids could wind up. The winder is too small for my 3 year olds litle fingers so every couple of minutes you have to wind it up. it is excellent other than that. He was given it as a gift and I have bought it for another 3 year old as a gift.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea: Shame About the Quality, 20 Oct 2009
Supergran (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Farmyard Tales Wind-up Train Book (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my Grandson and now wish I had read other customer reviews more carefully. The disappointment when the winding mechanism on the train broke after a couple of days was made a lot worse because my grandson loved the book so much.
Why aren't replacement trains available?

5.0 out of 5 stars my nephew loved his Christmas present!, 28 Dec 2009
Mrs. M. Heaton (St.Helens, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Farmyard Tales Wind-up Train Book (Hardcover)
a present that ticks so many boxes - book and toy rolled into one and my nephew just loved it. There are 4 (?) in the series...might just have to buy him the other 3!!

5.0 out of 5 stars a fantastic book, 21 July 2009
This review is from: Farmyard Tales Wind-up Train Book (Hardcover)
A great book, has train tracks in it for children to place train on. A great book, great for birthdays etc and good for girls and boys.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Farmyard Tales Wind-up Train Book
Farmyard Tales Wind-up Train Book by Stephen Cartwright (Hardcover - 27 Jun 2008)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available