5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fun for little ones!
Published on 26 Nov. 2012 by The Man From Utopia

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best in series
This series of books is great for babies/toddlers as the bright bold shapes and fun textures really keep them interested. However this particular one is not the best as there's little difference between the monkeys so all the pages are quite similar. I'd suggest you go for the 'puppy', 'dinosaur' or 'kitten' ones instead.
My daughter squeals with excitement when we...
Published on 17 Nov. 2011 by Lou C

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fun for little ones!, 26 Nov. 2012
The Man From Utopia (Chessington, Surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: That's Not My Monkey (Board book)
A friend got this for my six-month-old and it is an instant hit. It's a good one to read because the variation in the stress of the sentence - "THAT'S not my monkey", "that's NOT my monkey", "that's not MY monkey" - can mean a lot of difference to a young child. The textures are something that my daughter will "grow into", I think, although a couple of them - the furry tummy, for instance - can already be enjoyed.

It's a very short book (I think there are only five monkeys, and one's on the front cover) which means it's good for playing rather than bedtime.

The only thing some people might find weird is that the monkey with the hairy eyebrows has vague similarities to both Bernard Ingham and Leonid Brezhnev, but for me, that just makes it better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic touchy feely book! That's not MY monkey, 23 Nov. 2014
Miss R. Frail (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: That's Not My Monkey (Board book)
My son and I are huge fans of Usborne touchy-feely books, we have read them together since he was a few months old. He is now 11 months and thoroughly enjoys each book! Each board book is perfect for babies and toddlers to handle without you having to worry about torn pages. They withstand drooling, biting and very rough handling and offer a fantastic interactive story. The illustrations are bright and vibrant

Each page begins with "That's not my monkey" and reads;

It's ears are too soft
It's tail is too velvety
It's feet are too smooth
It's eyebrows are too hairy
It's tongue is too fuzzy
The final page reads " THAT's my monkey! It's tummy is so fluffy.

Each page has a corresponding texture for your child to discover.

My son loves to point out the textured section on each page and eagerly awaits my praise and claps his hands. I treasure our reading time together each day and have in excess of 10 Usborne touchy-feely books and still enjoy each one!

I hope this review was helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars That's not my monkey, 3 April 2009
S. Jump "usborne books" (Torpoint,Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: That's Not My Monkey (Board book)
I bought this book for my 13 month grandson,who loves it.He allready has learned to touch the different textures on each page,especially the soft furry stomache of the monkey on the last page.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best in series, 17 Nov. 2011
This review is from: That's Not My Monkey (Board book)
My daughter squeals with excitement when we read That's not my puppy...

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely Book for a baby, 22 Dec. 2009
Stacey Carmody (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: That's Not My Monkey (Board book)
I bought this book for my son who is 5 months old. He loves it. The colours are so bright he gets excited when we look at it together. I also bought him another book from the series because he enjoyed it so much. The book shows no sign of damage from him trying to chew it. I think he will like the touchy-feely bits when he is a bit older though.
Overall a great starter book for a young baby.

5.0 out of 5 stars That's my monkey!, 24 Aug. 2013
This review is from: That's Not My Monkey (Board book)
My nearly one year old daughter is a big fan of the "That's not my teddy..." book she was given as a present, I've lost count of how many times I've read it to her and she loves touching the pages, feeling the different textures.

I only found out last week that there were more books in the "That's not.." series and I quickly ordered this monkey version, as her favourite toy is actually a cuddly monkey, which goes everywhere with her and as parents, we watch carefully as she'd be so sad if she lost it.

To say she loves the book is an understatement! We have just been through it 5 times, me reading aloud to her as she turns the pages and runs her hands over the different textures.... she's a big fan of the hairy eyebrows of one of the monkey's!

Excellent artwork and fun images, along with the different textures, are clearly stimulating for babies and toddlers. Who doesn't love reading them, knowing you can get to the last page and excitedly exclaim "That's my monkey!!"?

Highly recommended and I'll certainly be buying more for her soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warning Review Contains SPOILERS, 16 Oct. 2013
This review is from: That's Not My Monkey (Board book)
Once again the most materialistic mouse in the world allows us into his world of greed and shallowness. Judging things based on their looks and physicality and completely ignoring any of their personalities or character traits. Yes the Monkey on the front cover may have ears that are slight too soft. But that is not a reason to disregard his obviously very friendly and cheery disposition! I don't think he cares anyway, as his friend the insect is gently hovering just above him to the left. Once again the mouse continues on his journey, making the other monkeys in the book self concious of their own body image and throwing them away like yesterday's rubbish!! Its fair enough that the mouse finds his own monkey at the end but doesn't he know its illegal in some countries to have a monkey as a pet? I expect that he doesn't look after it. Just owns the poor thing. A rich mouses play thing.
I would like to point out that several of the primates featured in this book are clearly apes and not monkeys!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for babies!, 15 Mar. 2009
Mummy2Monkey (Wokingham, Berks, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: That's Not My Monkey (Board book)
This whole series of "That's Not My ..." books are just excellent. They are full of different textures and colours, and my son (who is now 15 months) has been playing with them since he was 6 months old and they are still is favourites. I'd recommend that every parent gets at least one of these!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 9 Jan. 2009
This review is from: That's Not My Monkey (Board book)
All my children love this series of books. We bought this one for my one year old at Christmas and she just loves to read it with us and the two year old joins in with her best monkey noises!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my son's favourites, 11 Feb. 2012
This review is from: That's Not My Monkey (Board book)
Some of these books are a bit similar page to page, but That's Not My Monkey has a very nice variety of colours and images. My son has a passionate favourite page (the gorilla with the hairy eyebrows - I think he likes the big open face), and this is one of the nicest in the series. If you're looking for a gift for a little one, I'd say this was a very good choice; my son gets very excited whenever I offer to read it to him!

That's Not My Monkey
That's Not My Monkey by Fiona Watt (Board book - 25 April 2008)