5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, 19 Feb 2011
FizzH (North Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Big Book of Farmyard Tales Things to Make and Do (Spiral-bound)
My son is 2 years 9 months, and he just LOVES this book. He keeps pulling it off the shelf and looking through the pages saying 'can we make something NOW?' We've made lots already including a dangly scarecrow from cones of paper and string, a caterpillar from an egg box, we did salt painting and made dangly butterflies, a birthday card and painted pot for grandma's birthday, plus lots more. They all need everyday things, and as long as you have supplies of paper, poster paint, glue, stickers (which are in plentiful supply in the middle of the book), and general craft bits, you can make anything. They are all relatively quick to make, and the look of satisfaction and pride on my sons face when we've finished is SO satisfying! He loves doing the painting, cutting (although needs help to do the finer detail of course) and gluing, which is great for his fine motor skills.
I only have my son's reaction to go by, but I'm sure he would tell everyone to go out and buy it :o) and I would wholeheartedly agree. There are lots of pictures and characters from the Farmyard Tails stories throughout the book, and it's really nicely presented.
I think I'll be looking out for others in the series if this is the standard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 27 Aug 2013
Perfect to read to my grandchildren, they love to sit quietly at story time. They always find the duck on every page..

5.0 out of 5 stars things to make and do, 13 Mar 2012
My 2 1/2 year old daughter loves Mrs Boot & co, (we have a book of all their stories) and we love the Usbourne books. She is still a little young for it, but all of the ideas in the book look fun and plausible without having to spend hours in the art and craft shop in preparation.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for anyone with young children looking for craft ideas, 9 Sep 2014
Excellent book - hours of fun things to make and do.

Big Book of Farmyard Tales Things to Make and Do
Big Book of Farmyard Tales Things to Make and Do by Rebecca Gilpin (Spiral-bound - 29 Feb 2008)
6.32