5.0 out of 5 stars holiday bonus
Found these cards entertained and occupied both my 8 year old grandson and 4 year old granddaughter whilst on holiday and long ferry journey to our destination. Would recommend them to anyone who needs something that can be occupy children in a confined space. My only negative for this is the lack of a second wipe clean pen, which meant managing the activities so that...
Published on 29 Jun 2009 by Mrs. S. E. Charles

2.0 out of 5 stars The pen does not work!
This is a great idea in principle, but when you open the box of cards for an excited 4yr old on a plane and the pen does not work at all it is useless. Really disappointing.
Published on 10 Aug 2009 by Shelbury

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any house, 1 Feb 2012
This review is from: 100 Things for Little Children to do on a Journey (Usborne Activity Cards) (Cards)
Thse are so handy to have around the house, spread them all over the floor whilst you are cooking & the kids pick and chose. Good for the car, hairdresser or a restaurant. There is only one pen that disappears quite quickly so I buy a selection of whiteboard ones that can be used on these cards.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 24 Jan 2012
Pros
- Plenty of cards - double sided, wipe clean, very good variety of puzzles
- Reusable
- Suit a variety of ages - 3-6
- VERY good value for money! I cannot believe how cheap this is!
- Pen worked perfectly for us - any dry wipe pen will do

Cons
- If your child can't read, you will need to read out the instructions on most of the cards. Not very useful as an in-car-entertainer if the child is alone in the back of the car!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 17 Jun 2011
I purchased these years ago but didnt write a review. Ive just got them out for yet another long distance trip and thought they deserve a review. Year after year my son takes these on holiday. He still enjoys them even after owning them for quite a few years now. When they first arrived i too was a bit upset that the pen didnt work as another review said but couldnt see the point of worrying about it as the cards themselves more than made up for that. I purchased two white board markers as cheap as chips from a bargin shop that work fine on these cards.
They are easiy cleaned with a wipe and are still in great condition. Great item at a great price and there are loads to share if you have more than one child or are going on a trip with other families.

4.0 out of 5 stars fun, 18 Feb 2011
my kids love using these cards all the time, even at home. I just wish they had more variety from pack to pack.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Item, 21 July 2009
L. MARTIN (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I bought these cards for my 3 year old daughter and they have been a big hit. Some of the cards are a little advanced for her at the moment but with such a big selection, there is plenty to keep her occupied. Really pleased with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 10 Jan 2014
S. Young (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Bought these for a very long haul flight - and what a success. The cards are a good size (I'd say about twice/three times the size of a regular playing card), and on thick card which is very robust. They're double sided and present lot's of different opportunities for the child, colouring, imagination, dot-dot, mazes, letters, etc. I'm so pleased with them that I have started taking them any time I take my son out. Normally my son is absolutely not into art/craft but he really took to these. The wipe off pen worked well. If I had one suggestion (definitely not criticism because I can't recommend this product highly enough) it would be to include one or two other coloured wipe off pens as quite a few of the cards encourage drawing, such as draw a crown or a cake - and having colours would just make it perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 28 Aug 2013
L. Hobbs (London UK) - See all my reviews
My 4 year old girl loved these! Great fun whilst on holiday! I would defo recommend them for a plane journey!

4.0 out of 5 stars 100 Things to do for Little Children, 7 Sep 2011
K. C. Bennett - See all my reviews
I was very pleased with the cards and so was my niece when they kept the children occupied on the journey
to Weymouth

2.0 out of 5 stars Under 6s need parental help to do this!! Excuse me, driver..???, 5 May 2011
Yes, there's lots to do, and thanks to the original idea...redo in this pack.

For an, over 6ish year old child, I imagine you could leave them to it on the back seat as you drive.

However if you want something and under 6 can do unaided on the back seat of the car, this ain't it!!!!

It's perfect airport, train station ( doctor's waiting room....) material when you're sat next to the eager doodler and can READ THE INSTRUCTIONS to them.

As for a car situation with a young child where you're the driver, forget it!!!! Yeild to the night and get that backseat dvd player instead...they'll spand the entire journey watching The Octonauts.....if ever it's realeased on dvd........

5.0 out of 5 stars 100 minutes entertained!!, 18 Jun 2009
Ms. L. Wilkinson (Warrington) - See all my reviews
I've bought these for my daughter (age 5) to do on the plane for our hols - and I know she will love them!

100 Things for Little Children to do on a Journey (Usborne Activity Cards)
5.24