We've had this book now for about two years and it's always come up with the goods. My little boys aren't hugely into arts and crafts usually, but when we've got to make a birthday card, something for school or are just totally fed up of all the rainy days then this book always gives us inspiration to get on and create a masterpiece!

Each gloriously coloured page is full of ideas and there are a huge range of different things to create. It's great for a very wide age range too - I've been using it since the boys were toddlers and I'm sure will continue to use it for quite some years to come. Some of the ideas such as the fingerprinted people, traffic jam and drawing cats are ideal for older children...or younger children who are talented at drawing. Although neither of mine come into those categories, it is still fun to try! :) Then again, ideas such as the fingerprinted flowers can be used with really young children to brilliant effect and we've always had lovely feedback about the cards that we've made for people. Once you know your way around the book well, it is possible to combine several of the ideas scattered throughout it, (eg: fingerprinted flowers and birds and bugs), to create really great looking pieces of art.

This is a very sturdy book that has stood up to our use incredibly well. The ring bound pages are good quality thick paper that won't come out at all easily and seem to stand up very well to enthusiastic turning by eager children!

It's worth noting that a lot of the projects in this book involve creating pictures and things along those lines, (such as bookmarks and cards) - there aren't a lot of physical models etc to make. BUT, if you're after a book to give you inspiration and ideas for fun pictures/cards to make with the children then you really can't go wrong with this!
on 27 November 2011
I have recently started doing arts and craft workshops for children and was looking for some simple and effective craft ideas to do with the children.
I came across this book and it did not dissapoint, It is packed full of ideas to do with the kids or even modify the ideas and use in my own work.

I am excited about doing some of the projects in my workshops.

Some of the projects are: making costumes, handprinted butterflies, felt animals, blow painted monsters, masks, leaf printing, outer space collage, folded paper animals, simple quilling, kite bookmarks, decorations, cards, drawing techniques, seashore creatures to name but a few of the 365 different things to make and do.

Its a fab book to own, and have on the bookshelf as you may never know when you might need something fun to do!!!
on 20 September 2011
I bought this for my toddler, and found she is a little too young for some of the suggestions. However, this book does have some excellent ideas and gives simple instructions. I did find, though, that there were quite a few idea repeats such as several suggestions on finger print painting. I think it's a good b if you can get it on sale, otherwise borrow it from the library and photocopy the pages you want.
on 23 July 2015
Some good things in this book but a lot of them are finger painting stuff. Not as creative as I'd hoped and not suitable for my 2.5 year old.
on 2 February 2009
365 Things to Make and Do
I was looking for a Christmas gift for my 5 year old granddaughter who likes to make things. This book is full of ideas and techniques. The simple instructions for projects, using paper and recycled household items, would enable an adult without craft skills to help a child make things. The step by step coloured photographic diagrams means that some projects can be followed even by a child who has not yet learn to read. The book is packed with fun projects for all the year round, as well as some seasonal things to make. This book will give a child hours of fun and satisfaction for many years. It is by far the best book for children and their parents who want lots of creative fun.
on 17 June 2008
With so many of these 'things to do' books, you end up flicking through half the book before actually being inspired to make something. But this book really is full of things I would actually make! And they are not just things that would appeal to my toddler, but to me and (hopefully) my husband too - always good to get them involved!! There is also a good mix of things for both boys and girls, and loads that would appeal to both. If your child likes monsters, funny faces, or finger painting they are bound to like this!
on 8 July 2008
This is a beautifully illustrated publication and heavy duty with the ring bound hard cover.

I bought this for my (2 year old) son but can see that there is a lot in it that will be more suited to him when a little older - this said there is plenty of inspiration and as much a gift for a parent as a child as it helps direct your own creativity to bring out more from your child...Some ideas aren't rocket science but do expand ideas to give some cool results, for example, developing the idea of blow-paint pictures to a collage of blow-paint monsters. There is a lot of guidance about how to draw as well, from the simple (e.g. finger pictures) to the slightly more advanced (e.g. how to sketch a cartoon cat).

I'd highly recommend this as a special gift - am planning to give a copy to my niece for her 5th birthday.
on 19 March 2009
I have just recieved this book and I must admit that my initial reaction towards it is one of disappointment. The book should have been called 360 things to paint or draw and 5 things to make! The majority of things in this book involve painting and drawing and there is a clear lack of things to make. I was hoping that we would no longer have to throw out our old toilet roll tubes, plastic bottles and other household items but I was shocked when I realised that there is not one use for these items in this book. NOT a single 1!!!! In fact some of the crafts would involve you having to go out and buy the materials and then learn how to sow. How is my 3yr going to be able to sow eyes etc onto pieces of felt???? I will never buy a book like this off Amazon or the internet again. You would be far better off going into a bookshop so you can actually look inside it and see what you are getting. If you are looking for a finger painting guide then by all means, buy this book. If you want to turn your house into the next version of Blue Peter then I'd advise giving it a miss and looking elsewhere. On the plus side the book is very beautiful and nicely presented and the few things that you can make are very nice. I especially liked the pop up cards section, very nice and some of the christmas decorations are nice (roll on December!) but there quite simply is not enough crafts in this book which is why I can only justify a score of 3 stars.
11 comment|70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 November 2011
Loved this book, nice in hard back and loads of ideas, i bought two and have kept one till my little girl who is 4 is a bit older. I gave as a present to her 8 year old cousin and she loves it. Lots of good detailed pictures on how to make and create instead of written directions. There is also a drawing section in there to show you step by step how to draw certain things, e.g a castle
Hope this helps, enjoy!
on 31 December 2012
I bought this book for my niece and nephew who both share a love of drawing and creating. It is a brilliant book not just for kids but for people who may be interested in writing children's books and finding ideas/ways to create their visual aids. It is also a great resource for teachers and parents who are looking for some fun activities to do with children of all ages. Highly recommended!