4.0 out of 5 stars A good book, but needs a new title

Published on 11 Oct. 2011 by Felicity

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book, but needs a new title, 13 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Planet Earth (Hardcover)
I bought this book (along with the See Inside Space book) for my 5 year old daughter for Christmas. Visually it's fantastic: she adores the colours, the busy, detailed pictures, and of course finding all the flaps and opening them. However, I do think it is misnamed, as its focus is clearly on climate change. Unlike another reviewer, I don't have a problem with this, as I don't see climate change as a "belief", but a scientific fact (that reveiewer seemed to equate buying this for a child with buying them a religious book). But as the information is oriented around the impact of human activity on Planet Earth, rather than simply giving straight geographical information, maybe it should called "Our Changing Planet" or something. But I still gave it four stars because my daughter doesn't care, she loves it anyway. The Space book is also brilliant, but does what it says on the tin.

1.0 out of 5 stars Depressing to read with a little one, 11 Oct. 2011
Felicity (Perth, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Planet Earth (Hardcover)
There is some good stuff in here but 1 star is all I can give because most of it is about the parlous state of the planet, which whilst very probably true is no way to present it to a 4 year old. The book should have focused on what people can and are doing on each page, rather than going on and on about everything that's being destroyed which makes it depressing and difficult to read with a small child. There is one page at the end on what you can do - though even that's put in negative terms: A says: "We have no recyling". B says: Complain! You get the idea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and a very fun way to learn, 22 Feb. 2009
H. Downes (Worcestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Planet Earth (Hardcover)
I brought this book for my 4 year old son as a christmas present, to help him learn all about the Earth. The book is brilliant, we sit and read it nearly every day, he loves it and He's learning so much. He loves lifting up the flaps and finding out more. They are made from thick cardboard so they are very strong and sturdy, not like other books which bend and tear really easily.
I would definitly reccommend this book to everyone especially children who just love learning new things. Great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book!, 15 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Planet Earth (Hardcover)
This is a really lovely book that my son, 4 years, loves looking through. With so many flaps to lift it involves him in learning about the world and through me reading it we get to enjoy it together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 25 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Planet Earth (Hardcover)
Great for birthday presents! I bought a few and it never disappoints. With the special offer it makes it worthwhile to buy several at the same time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of fascinating information, 29 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Planet Earth (Hardcover)
My daughter started getting these when she was 5yrs old and still loves them 3 years later. They are entertaining, informative and importantly, very sturdy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great books!, 21 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Planet Earth (Hardcover)
I've bought a number of these for my five year old daughter. Just enough information and she's really interested. I would recommend these books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting book about the world around us and our impact on it., 6 Jun. 2011
B. Stott (Sheffield) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Planet Earth (Hardcover)
Good quality book that my 4-year old has found really interesting! He loves lifting the flaps and finding out about the world...

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 5 Aug. 2013
Ms. S. Bagenal (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Planet Earth (Hardcover)
This is a good book, stuffed with useful facts and interesting information. I use it selectively as it is delicate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Planet Earth, 27 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Planet Earth (Hardcover)
I bought this for my grandson as he loves this series of books. He really gets a lot from them.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Planet Earth
Planet Earth by Katie Daynes (Hardcover - 28 Mar. 2008)