5.0 out of 5 stars great for kids who want to do it themselves
We have several kids' cookbooks, but this one is by far the best for my 10-year-old daughter. She finds it easy to use and has a lot of fun cooking with her friends without me having to interpret the directions. There are a lot of good diagrams showing how to do things, and you only need the minimum of kitchen equipment for these recipes.
Published on 26 Aug 2008 by Sussex Mum

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I was disappointed having set out to buy a beginner's book that would include all the standard recipes such as shepherds pie, steak and kidney pudding, casseroles and stews but instead this book is largely comprised of pasta dishes, pizzas and vegetarian meals. Most of the recipes I would categorise as 'junk food'. It would be difficult for me to find half a dozen...
Published on 3 Mar 2011 by T. Wenham

5.0 out of 5 stars great for kids who want to do it themselves, 26 Aug 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 Oct 2009
D. Mee (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beginners Cookbook (Usborne Cookbooks) (Spiral-bound)
I bought this book for my husband who cannot cook to save his life, he loves the book because it tells him everything in simple terms and useful pictures. He has started off on the cakes and has made a fantastic chocolate fudge cake which I took in to work and some of the girls were saying its the best chocolate cake they have ever had. He's making soup today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Off to uni, 12 Aug 2009
This review is from: Beginners Cookbook (Usborne Cookbooks) (Spiral-bound)
My sons girlfriend is off to uni and needed a clear easy cookbook. I'd had a copy of this book before and they have tried a few recipies and found them easy to follow. So I've bought a copy for her to take with her in September. It's an excellent and easy to follow which in turn builds confidence in the kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Usborne Beginners Cookbook, 30 Jan 2009
Amazon Customer (East Yorkshire, Uk) - See all my reviews
[[ASIN:0746085389 Beginners Cookbook (Usborne Cookbooks)]

It was bought for my 8 year old granddaughter who made a lovely chocolate cake over Christmas. The recipes are clear, simple and well illustrated. My wife is an excellent cook but she was so impressed with it that she bought one for herself!

5.0 out of 5 stars beginner's coocbook, 14 April 2009
This review is from: Beginners Cookbook (Usborne Cookbooks) (Spiral-bound)
excellent book for adults and older children. Easy to follow step by step instructions with simple easily-obtainable ingredients. I bought it for my 11 year old son for Christmas and have recently also purchased it for my mother-in law (at her request!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased. Gave me alot of ideas, 7 Oct 2009
S. Pounds (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beginners Cookbook (Usborne Cookbooks) (Spiral-bound)
Easy to follow recipe book with alot of different ideas to make delicious food. I bought it just for the easiness as i was stuck on what to cook!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great cure for a kitchen-phobic!, 12 May 2010
This review is from: Beginners Cookbook (Usborne Cookbooks) (Spiral-bound)
I have had a reluctance to cook almost bordering on phobia for years and a friend of mine lent me this book about a month ago in a bid to help me overcome it. Since then I have tried about 8 recipes from this book and am enjoying cooking in a way I never thought possible. My friend's son even said to her that the 'Simple Sponge cakes' I made from the book were as good as her cakes and she is a kitchen veteran and one of the best cooks I know! High praise for this book indeed. The tips on techniques are very helpful as are the full-colour illustrations throughout. The instructions are very clear and simple without coming across as patronising. A great range of savoury and sweet recipes for everyday eating and special occasions. When I have kids of my own I will certainly be using this with them. Can't recommend highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Beginners Cookbook, 24 May 2009
Jacqueline Simpson (Aberdeenshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beginners Cookbook (Usborne Cookbooks) (Spiral-bound)
This 4 books in 1 collection is absolutely brilliant. My son has been using it since he was 9yrs old and three years on is still using it, independently now. The recipes are well laid out, beautifully illustrated and clear and easy to follow. The results are delicious too !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Book, 15 Feb 2009
Miss T. A. Scott "Terri Ana" (Tyne & Wear) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beginners Cookbook (Usborne Cookbooks) (Spiral-bound)
I bought this book for my daughter she's 13 and loves cooking at school, Beginner Cookbook is just FAB not just for kids for adults too. I've never really been that handy in the kitchen, but even I have managed to bake some cookies and chocolate brownies. My daughter on the other has tried everything from the cheesy spinach flan to the plain scones, she didn't use spinach in the flan because we don't like spinach so she used ham and it was really lovely. This book tells you everything from what need to cook with to handy cooking hints. A good buy for anybody who would like to give cooking ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 7 April 2010
This review is from: Beginners Cookbook (Usborne Cookbooks) (Spiral-bound)
I bought this book when I came to England. Has recipes to mostly English and simple Italian meals. Cookies from recipes from this book are sooo tasty!

Beginners Cookbook (Usborne Cookbooks)
Beginners Cookbook (Usborne Cookbooks) by Fiona Watt (Spiral-bound - 31 Aug 2007)