5.0 out of 5 stars Informative without being boring, 22 July 2011
This review is from: The Usborne History of Britain (Usborne Internet-linked Reference) (Hardcover)
I actually bought this for myself after being embarrassed at not being able to answer my son's questions about his history homework! I realised how little I knew about British history so wanted a book that contained a lot of info but set out in a way that was easy to follow and gave the main facts. This book is exactly what I wanted. I intend to read it from cover to cover and then keep it as a reference book to help with homework! Although the internet is a great reference tool, sometimes it is difficult to find basic facts without spending hours on-line. Therefore I recommend this book as a quick reference book containing lots of info-everything from the Ice Age and prehistoric times through Roman Britain, The Middle Ages, Tudors and Stuarts, The Victorians, The early 20th century, The World Wars to Post-War Britain. There is also a useful Timeline. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up, 28 Jun 2010
I looked at a few history books after developing a keen interest in British history and i'm glad i chose to buy this one. Great book with good lay out, good pictures and good literature.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for what I wanted, 18 Jun 2014
Fantastic book! I can see how it may be aimed at GCSE level but this is educational enough for anyone with an interest in history to enjoy. I especially liked how it was laid out. Rather than bog you down with continuous blocks of text, this book has sub sections, illustrations and even the odd humorous cartoon, to compliment your learning and enjoyment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandsons Birthday, 17 Jun 2014
This was part of my Grandsons eighth birthday present I had it delivered direct and the speed of delivery was something else.
He loves this book it is full of facts that are helping his school work.

5.0 out of 5 stars usborne history of britain, 20 Jan 2014
bought this book for my son in the juniors - now in seniors its used all the time. just enough infowithout getting boring. this is a great book for school kids

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book about British history, 11 Jan 2014
This is a great book that arrived on time and in good condition. As a big kid myself, it was well illustrated and geared towards younger readers. That said, I learnt a few things that I'd missed in GCSE History. Good hardback cover. Now available for 16.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 29 Nov 2013
It is such a great book. Beautifully illustrated, makes it fun to read. I bought it for my son and I also ended up reading it. It was a bargain for such a good quality book.

5.0 out of 5 stars so good I kept it, 20 Oct 2013
Smashing Crockery (Walsall, West Mids) - See all my reviews
Beautiful, well-illustrated book for people with little knowledge of British History. Not much detail, just overviews of the main events. Bought it for my nephew but liked it so much I kept it for myself(It's Ok I bought him something else!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy, 14 Aug 2013
This is a great book, very detailed & concise with superb illustrations. I bought it for my 7 year old nephew for his birthday, he hasn't had it yet but I am sure he is going to love it. Very appealing to adults too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 31 July 2013
This is a wonderful book for any young (or slightly older!) person interested in History. The text recounts a lively narrative journey through all the major events of Britain's dramatic history, and is accompanied by beautiful colour illustrations, photographs, diagrams and cartoons. It can provide a valuable resource to dip in and out of, or if read as a whole, will help children understand the chronology of how Britain has been shaped - from the stone age to the millennium.

The Usborne History of Britain  (Usborne Internet-linked Reference)
The Usborne History of Britain (Usborne Internet-linked Reference) by Ruth Brocklehurst (Hardcover - 27 Jun 2008)
17.00