4.0 out of 5 stars Wanna' be a child again?
First things first - I'm 38 and I bought this book for ME. Not a child, ME. As I child I used to but these books with my pocket money every weekend, and when I saw them here, I just had to have one for old times sake.

Published on 26 Jan 2010 by Prince Slaney

3.0 out of 5 stars Printing is a bit out
All in all this is a great time filler but be aware, some of the cut outs on certain pages do not line up exactly with one another so if you are a perfectionist I would imagine you would get a little frustrated with the end result!
Published 6 months ago by Bo Cogz

4.0 out of 5 stars Wanna' be a child again?, 26 Jan 2010
This review is from: Make This Haunted House (Usborne Cut-out Models) (Paperback)

Once I started it, I ciuldn't put it down. There is something so wonderful about these books. Taking flat card and creating a 3D model is so satisfying. As far as the market audience is concerned, children (of all ages) will love these books: bright, colourful, fun and simple to use, these books will keep anyone entertained for hours. Great to build with your kids as some of the cutting is a bit fiddly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic but very fiddly, 13 Aug 2011
Great book, had one of these one I was a kid and now making it with my daughter who is 6. A bit fiddly for her to do but she's enjoying helping make it and I'm loving reliving my childhood lol. I am finding it easier to use double sided tape to make it as if you don't use a sticky enough glue it can take ages to get it to stick where you want it to.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the very best, 6 Jun 2013
There are lots of these cut out model books and they are very cleverly designed. This is one of the very best of all and has wonderful inside ghostly scenes. It's great for doing with a child (aged around 8 +) who is interested in modelling, a bit at a time over two - three weeks. Actually it's strangely very relaxing for an adult to do when there's nothing on the telly and you're fed up of playing around on the computer. It's only when you cut out the parts and fold and bend them into shape, you'll appreciate how wonderfully thought-out and designed this model is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing Activity for adults... may be fiddly for kids, 23 Feb 2013
Joey Ramone (Sheffield, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this book the other day and I spent around 6 hrs on it yesterday (I've got a cold & on leave from work for a week). The artwork is great and it goes together quite nicely (although printing on the base board didn't quite line up right - I am picky though). I love the rotating pictures and the pop-up skeletons/ghosts etc, its all very cute!! I am 39 and I love anything spooky - this was ideal for me. You really need some neat scissor skills or use of a scalpel/craft knife so I wouldn't have thought it would be suitable for very small children without supervision. This is not a push-out model, you have to cut and score all the pieces yourself - but every piece is marked very consistently and the only mistake I made was because I wasn't paying attention!! It would maybe suit children of 11-13 yrs+, depending on their dexterity and attention level (although I wouldn't let any child under age of 16 loose with a scalpel or craft knife!! You could do all the scalpel bits for them I guess). If I was very technically-minded, I would think about rigging up a few LED lights as its very dark inside - a few spooky green or blue LEDs would make it very eerie indeed!

I was lucky enough to get it for 1 from a shop in Doncaster with a closing-down sale on 19/02/13 - but its definitely worth the full RRP.

3.0 out of 5 stars Printing is a bit out, 20 Feb 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 Feb 2014
zoo keeper "menagerie" (Romsey) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
These Usborne cut-out models are superb. They are relatively easy to build, provided you have a UHU glue, a good pair of scissors and (ideally) a craft knife.

The end result is a very nice looking (and surprisingly robust) model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Idea to keep children & Adults amused!, 20 Nov 2013
S. M. Sinclair (Bridgwater, Somerset) - See all my reviews
Easy to follow instructions. Good quality book - the only thing you need is glue & Scissors.
Cant wait to present this to my stepson at christmas, he's sure to enjoy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 July 2014
Loved it!

Make This Haunted House (Usborne Cut-out Models)
Make This Haunted House (Usborne Cut-out Models) by Iain Ashman (Paperback - 31 Aug 2007)
6.99