5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves this book!, 3 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Shocking Story of Electricity (Young Reading (Series 2)) (Hardcover)
Love the Usborne Young Reading series of books (1-3).

I would normally review each book independently but we have had all of Series 1 (now given away) and most of Series 2 and some of Series 3 so it becomes a little burdensome to write individual reviews.

My 5 and a half year old daughter loves these books. We finished the whole of Series 1 about a year ago and now have bought about 25 of the series 2 and 15 of the series 3. She dips in and out of the series 2 and 3 books on a daily basis. She particularly enjoyed this book on electricity and we have had to read it to her many times and she has insisted that she read it to us regularly. It has to be in her top 5 of most read books so I am very happy (being an old science grad) as was looking at how to start introducing these kinds of concepts. The whole series of books are highly recommended for children just starting to read (series 1) to more advanced reading (series 2) to competent reading (series 3). The combination of ever increasing words (from series to series) and complexity mean that my child is always challenged.

We also have most of the other books published by Usborne so it's safe to say that we love this publisher!

5.0 out of 5 stars good buy for 7 year old boy, 17 Jun. 2011
K. Murphy (UK) - See all my reviews
This book is perfect for my 7 year old son who is constantly asking questions. The text is set at the right level for him with loads of interesting and colourful pictures. Great to know that he is enjoying this book whilst learning something at the same time. Just perfect!

4.0 out of 5 stars My class enjoyed it, 11 Jan. 2014
I bought this to read to my class of six, seven and eight year olds as we were studying electricity in our science lessons. There are enough interesting facts to stimulate little minds and inspire good class discussions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 26 Dec. 2013
Bought this to go with another product to help my 6 year old son understand about electricity. Arrived quickly, no complaints

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 July 2014
Great, informative book about the history of electricity. My 6 year old loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Jan. 2015
Pat45 "Pats" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Ideal book for age 8+.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Dec. 2014
GOOD

The Shocking Story of Electricity (Young Reading (Series 2))
The Shocking Story of Electricity (Young Reading (Series 2)) by Anna Claybourne (Hardcover - 31 May 2007)
Used & New from: £10.74