Format: Hardcover|Change

on 31 October 2010
These Usborne books are fantastic value. If your children are at the stage where they are asking how things work and why/how or what is that! these books are a good answer and I havent come across a poor one in the range of books available, neither has my young nephew:-)
on 2 June 2011
These books are all fab for younger children. We have a lot of these Beginners books and they've all been well read. They get the children asking questions and it's amazing how much they remember from reading them. Well worth the money.
on 9 November 2013
This is a very nice book, but was alittle too technical/dry really for my son who is 6. So we could look at a few chunks, but not the whole thing. I plan to hold it back and focus a bit more on this when he is a little bit older.
on 21 May 2014
Too many subjects covered with so little written explanation. Mum and Dad you will have to do your homework, so you can fill in the gaps from the inevitable questions your son / daughter throw at you about now the world is made. I was not impressed with the diagrams or the illustrations either...the world is so amazing, maybe the book could have been more 'beautiful '.
on 6 November 2013
This is a hit a breakfast which is when we usually have a story. My boys of 3 and 6 try to out do each other on what comes out of a volcano, what living things need to survive... A lovely starter for them.
on 10 June 2013
I bought a selection of these books for some children whose reading age was lower than their actual ages. I have a friend who is teaching them to read but cannot find any suitable material, I believe that it is important to include books of interest level which could be read to them and maybe words used as spelling once they understood it's meaning and word building etc.I have also sent her some graded reading books but they could do some wonderful topic work including all subjects based on a book like Planet Earth.
Mrs A. Conway
on 23 August 2013
Bought this for My Grandson who is 6 yrs old, ans very interested in Our Planet (and the Solar System) as well, and he loves it.
on 3 January 2012
My 5 year old grandson shows great interest in the world around him and this book is simple but informative. Quite good quality and a pleasing range of information. Recommend.
on 16 January 2016
Good book about Earth and pitched at the right level for my 6 year old daughter. She needed guidance with a few of the more complicated words but is written in an easy tod understand way.
Diagrams and photos are good.
Excellent for projects on the Earth and the world we live in.
on 8 May 2012
Just discovered these usbourne books for my grandson who is 4. They are easy to understand and interesting for a lively little boy. They cover many subjects and am already building a collection for him of things he is interested in.