5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book for Babies and Young Children

Published on 19 July 2009 by Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book for Babies and Young Children, 4 July 2008
Granny Dove (Derbyshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Noisy Animals (Usborne Farmyard Tales) (Board book)
I bought this book for my twin grand daughters when they were four months old. They loved the pictures and quickly picked up the repetition and loved hearing all the animal noises. By six months of age, they wiggled with delight every time they saw me pick up the book. They now try to push the sound buttons for themselves and never tire of having it read to them. Definitely the best book so far that I have bought for them.

3.0 out of 5 stars For a younger baby, 19 July 2009
This review is from: Noisy Animals (Usborne Farmyard Tales) (Board book)
I bought this book for my daughter when she was about 13 months, and it is good fun, but she tires of it really quickly, because besides the animal noises there's not much else to it. Some of the other Usborne books are more engaging for an older child, with a storyline, or touchy-feely bits or lift the flap etc. So I'd recommend this for a baby younger than about a year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 21 July 2007
This review is from: Noisy Animals (Usborne Farmyard Tales) (Board book)
My little girl adores this book. She loves to press the buttons and especially the 'cow' one! Thoroughly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Chloe loves the Chicken, 27 Mar 2009
Mrs. J. Mclaren "Grandmumar" (Bristol) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Noisy Animals (Usborne Farmyard Tales) (Board book)
I bought the Noisy Animals Book for my 15 month old grandaughter and she loves it especially the animal noises.The downside is that the sensor pads for the animal noises need quite heavy pressure to activate them, more than a small child can mange so someone has to do this for her which is quite frustrating.She has lots of noisy toys all of which she can manage herself,so this is rather disapointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter's favourite book!, 17 Dec 2008
Paul James "pjamesguern" (Guernsey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Noisy Animals (Usborne Farmyard Tales) (Board book)
We bought this book for our daughter when she was only a few weeks old and we have read it to her virtually every day. She gets excited every time we get the book out and now at eight months is just trying to press the buttons herself to make the animal sounds. A fantastic book which 'grows' with your baby. I can't recommend this book highly enough!

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as noisy town, 26 May 2010
This review is from: Noisy Animals (Usborne Farmyard Tales) (Board book)
As a rule I love usborne books but have to admit am a little disappointed by this one. The animal sounds are great and the pictures lovely but the story is just rubbish and really repetative. By contrast the noisy town book has it all, great sounds, fabulous pictures with loads going on and good text. My advice... buy noisy town!

5.0 out of 5 stars Noisy Animals, 16 April 2009
S. A. Martin (Dubai, UAE) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Noisy Animals (Usborne Farmyard Tales) (Board book)
This is a lovely book with fantastic animal noises, which my daughter never tires of listening to. It is bright and colourful, large in size and durable - a must in my family! My daughter also loves spotting the little duck on each page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book & so much to look at, 20 July 2009
This review is from: Noisy Animals (Usborne Farmyard Tales) (Board book)
My son loves this book & as done since we bought it for him about 6 months ago for his first birthday. The pages are quite big & chunky which makes it a great sit-on-mummys-lap type book! There's lots of detail on each page without it being too overcrowded. As other reviewers have already mentioned the buttons are a bit stiff but my wee fella is more interested in the actual story so this isn't a problem for us - if anything this book would probably be better without the buttons. Should also mention that although they are cartoon styled animals they are recognisable as the animal they are supposed to represent. Great book.

4.0 out of 5 stars great book, 11 Mar 2009
This review is from: Noisy Animals (Usborne Farmyard Tales) (Board book)
A great book and great loud sounds.... my 1 year old already knows what animal makes what noise because of this book. Only down point is the buttons are not very touch sensitive for little tiny fingers, unless its just the book i have. But, most recommended, and i also got my friends baby one because i was so impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Farm book, 15 Nov 2012
This review is from: Noisy Animals (Usborne Farmyard Tales) (Board book)
My daughter loves it, once we've finished we start again, better than the pet shop one which I also bought as it has a story. Sounds are loud and all good except for the pig! It is what I expected from a usborne book not disappointed.

Noisy Animals (Usborne Farmyard Tales)
Noisy Animals (Usborne Farmyard Tales) by Felicity Brooks (Board book - 26 Jan 2007)