5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for KS1
My son (aged 6 in year 2) is doing a recycling topic this term at school so we bought several books to read at home around the subject. This is excellent, easy for him to read himself, and very informative. It covers all aspects of recycling; plastics, paper, metal, glass; and composting etc.

This is a great basic factual resource to start from, but there are...
Published on 6 May 2010 by Beansmummy

3.0 out of 5 stars Litter away
I thought this book was alright but it was a bit too hard for the children I work with. It did explain this but think that there is a market for a similar book about recyclying but aiming towards a younger audience. I know this said for beginners but I felt it was aimed at more 6-7 year olds.
I would not recommend this book to anyone who works with pre-school...
Published on 9 Oct 2009 by Owl

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for KS1, 6 May 2010
Beansmummy (Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Rubbish and Recycling (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)

This is a great basic factual resource to start from, but there are lots of other great books out there to fill in more detail. We particularly liked the Adventures of a Plastic Bottle The Adventures of a Plastic Bottle: A Story about Recycling (Little Green Books), and The Adventures of an Aluminum Can The Adventures of an Aluminum Can: A Story about Recycling (Little Green Books), and for less information but more entertainment there are the Michael Recycle books.

Highly recommended for KS1 children, and not too babyish for older children also. I'm certainly learning from this school topic!

5.0 out of 5 stars very informative book, 6 July 2013
This review is from: Rubbish and Recycling (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my 3 grandson to go with the Simba-Smoby garbage truck, it is very informative and colourful for children; it also taught me a few things and working for a health and safety training company my boss said it was good enough to show adults as well because it was plain and simple yet explained the recycling process down to a tea.

3.0 out of 5 stars Litter away, 9 Oct 2009
Owl "Ollie" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Rubbish and Recycling (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
I would not recommend this book to anyone who works with pre-school children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish and Recycling (Usborne Beginners), 23 Oct 2013
This review is from: Rubbish and Recycling (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
Great educational book. Ideal for little ones who have a fascination of bin lorries, to teach them all about rubbish and the recycling process and to further their enthusiasm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Children's recycling, 5 Oct 2013
This review is from: Rubbish and Recycling (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
Great book introducing the recycling cycle of many house hold objects. What is made from them and how it is made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book, 24 Jun 2014
This review is from: Rubbish and Recycling (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
Usborne books are fab, this ones perfect, full of info, not too big so you can pop in your handbag for a distraction at the doctors etc... Nice pictures inside, my son loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for little boys!, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: Rubbish and Recycling (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
My son loves bin lorries and everything to do with recycling. The book has real life pictures and is very factual, this is great and aimed at younger children, I learned a few thing from it too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting book, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Rubbish and Recycling (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
Bought this for my grandson together with the Playmobile Recycling Truck but I think the book is more suitable for a 5 year old. It looks very informative and I'm sure he will learn a lot from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish and Recycling, 27 Jun 2009
This review is from: Rubbish and Recycling (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
Another book from the out-of-this-world Usborne Beginners Series. My school use this series all the time. A must if you are teaching recycling as a topic. Recommend you buy alongside Michael Recycle and Litterbug Doug to make comparisons about fiction and non-fiction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recycle together, 15 Aug 2014
This review is from: Rubbish and Recycling (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
This was bought together with a recycling truck for my grandson, it is a great buy, good starting point for young children to learn about recycling and works well with the truck

Rubbish and Recycling (Usborne Beginners)
Rubbish and Recycling (Usborne Beginners) by Stephanie Turnbull (Hardcover - 26 Jan 2007)
3.99