5.0 out of 5 stars WHERE WERE THESE BOOKS WHEN I WAS LITTLE!
Published on 19 Jan. 2008 by purple poodle

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple factual book.
I bought this to support the story Whatever Next for a storysack in a nursery. It is a bit old for 3-4 yr olds but parents will be able to share the book with their children.
Published 17 months ago by A Morris

5.0 out of 5 stars WHERE WERE THESE BOOKS WHEN I WAS LITTLE!, 19 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Sun, Moon and Stars (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
Like the other reviewer, I was drawn to this book by the cover...beautifully illustrated. My 5 year old loves looking at the pictures and the bite sized chunks of text ensure he isn't overwhelmed with information. I've learned some new stuff too with this and we read it over and over. A most useful addition to our collection. I an also recommend the Plant Earth book in this series too and we'll be buying some of the other titles most definitely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent to get Kids started., 13 Jun. 2007
Hayley Madden (London , UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sun, Moon and Stars (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
When I bought this book I thought it too old for my 4 year old son, but he liked the cover so I got it thinking it would be handy later and read it to him at bedtime assuming he would just look at the pictures. The next day, after just one reading, he was quoting bits back at me and asking questions. I bought another book in the series and the same thing happened. The bite size sentences are well written, easy to read and easy for a child to understand and relate to. Thoroughly recommend it and am avidly collecting the whole series now (he saw the rest of the titles on the back sleeve and got extremely excited!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Son loves it!, 11 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Sun, Moon and Stars (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
Bought for my 4 year old son as he was learning about the solar system at his nursery. He loves it and has already learnt a lot from it. The way it's written is easy for children to understand without being boring, and the pictures are excellent too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun to learn, 3 April 2010
Milly "Milly" (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sun, Moon and Stars (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
Bought this for my 6 year old. She loves it as a story book as well as learning all the facts. A perfect way to learn.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sun, Moon & Stars, 13 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Sun, Moon and Stars (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
A great book for my four year old to look at and understand the pictures - it helps with the school projects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and child-friendly, 29 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Sun, Moon and Stars (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
Bought this for my 5 yr old niece who is really 'into' space. It's a good introduction to the topic and makes a nice gift. I definitely wouldn't buy this book for a child any younger though - I felt it was more a book that she could 'grow into'. Oh, and it was a lot smaller than I expected - for some reason I expected it to be A4 size but it was more like A5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ditto, 10 April 2008
Ms. Marion Buckland (Leicestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sun, Moon and Stars (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
Just as for the previous two reviews, my son and I bought this book (me thinking it would be useful for when he is older), but he loves it and it has inspired some interesting discussion.
I am on line now looking to extend our exploration of this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars An introduction to the mysteries of the universe, 12 May 2010
This review is from: Sun, Moon and Stars (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
A brilliant, informative little book, that will appeal to any inquisitive young person wanting to know more about the universe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for pre-schoolers, 8 April 2013
This review is from: Sun, Moon and Stars (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
My son received this as a Xmas present from his Aunt and Uncle as he was asking lots of questions about the night sky. Some reviewers have been a little disappointed with the "basic" content but perhaps their children were a little too old for it. I would say it is ideal for 3-4 yr olds, my son is fascinated by space and we read it with him all the time. He sat looking at the pictures for well over an hour on a trip to Cornwall recently and can now tell us the names of all the planets in the correct order and many of the "bite-size" facts contained in the book (including the fact that Pluto is a "dwarf planet"). It is really encouraging him to want to read as he is desperate to understand the words. He has spotted the other books in the series at the back of the book and wants practically all of them! So I will be buying a few of the other titles in the series to help answer some of his more challenging questions and keep him occupied on long car journeys. Just hope my daughter is as interested in them when she is 3-4yrs old!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sun Moon and Stars, 21 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Sun, Moon and Stars (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
Purchased this for my grandson to go with a telescope we had brought him, very impressed the pictures were excellent and it was pitched just at the level that I know will hold his attention, will definetly buy more in the series of books

Sun, Moon and Stars (Usborne Beginners)
Sun, Moon and Stars (Usborne Beginners) by Stephanie Turnbull (Hardcover - 26 Jan. 2007)