5.0 out of 5 stars great beginner history book
Published on 4 Dec 2012 by Lucy

3.0 out of 5 stars Armour
I bought this for my six year old grandson because he seems to be interested in castles/knights etc. Found it a bit "cartoony" and not quite as informative as I would have liked. Perhaps looking for too much from a childs book. He liked it although would not bother to read it - only looked at pictures!
Published on 31 Oct 2010 by Grandma of two

5.0 out of 5 stars great beginner history book, 4 Dec 2012
This review is from: Armour (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
My 9 year old who is very interested in knights and weapons but has a reading age of about 7 loves this book. It combines photos of exhibits and reenactors with drawn illustrations and reproductions of authentic medieval artworks - I love that it includes these primary sources. It gives a good basic run down of different types of armour and how it was used. Even I as a history loving adult picked up a new fact or two, and it was a good book for my son to use to become more familiar with using a factual book for researching information.

3.0 out of 5 stars Armour, 31 Oct 2010
This review is from: Armour (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)

Armour (Usborne Beginners)
Armour (Usborne Beginners) by Terry McKenna (Hardcover - 26 Jan 2007)