5.0 out of 5 stars I love this series, 18 Nov 2010
A. Dunlop "Delphi" (Chester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Romans (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
I just read this book with my 5 year old son for his bedtime story tonight. We have several of the books in this Usborne Series, and my son loves them. We read them again and again, and so does he on his own.
For any child with an enquiring mind, who loves to learn, and is beginning to read for themselves, these books take all kinds of subjects and deal with them in a very informative way, usually with great illustrations and clear understandable text. The Romans is no exception. The illustrations are drawn in this book, rather than photographic, but they are beautifully clear. There are facts about slaves, gods & goddesses, temples, aqueducts, banquets, and day to day Roman life, with sections on shopping, and the baths. A great source of fun (for boys) is the picture of roman toilets.
At the end is a glossary of terms, which helps readers remember the big words and their meanings. My son likes me to test him on these at the end.
I will be buying more in this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for youngster learning about Roman History for the First time, 13 Aug 2012
This review is from: Romans (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
This is an excellent book that is perfect for young children just learning about Roman history.

My 8 year old son is a very good reader but I found other books on Roman history just a bit too detailed and complicated for him.

This was perfect very straight forward and to the point but contained all the basic and relevant information to give him a very good insight into how the Roman's lived.

As my son is due to be studying the Romans in school soon this will give him a good reference point.

5.0 out of 5 stars romans (usborne Beginners), 24 May 2011
This review is from: Romans (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
This book is brilliant - my 7 year old learnt so much - it is well illustrated and easy for them to comprehend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 11 Sep 2011
This review is from: Romans (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
Bought for a school project for a 7 year old, she loved the book. Very easy to understand. Great, we love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Taste of the Roman History for youngsters, 12 Oct 2011
Mrs. D. C. DAY (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Romans (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
My six year old grandson is completing a school prooject and found this book invaluable for information amnd has taken the book to school to share with teachers and school friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Usborne book - yet again :), 26 Aug 2014
This review is from: Romans (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
Think we've all learned stuff about The Romans from this book!

The usual great quality from these range of books (we're getting quite the collection now) - these have been fab over the years - and have been read from age 3 upwards. My son is 8 who we bought this book for (for school).

Great as when young, these are read to lil ones - with great illustrations. And when older, the child can read them for themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant, 12 April 2014
This review is from: Romans (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
Needed information on Romans for my 7year old sons project which he would understand. This book was brilliant, straight to the point easy to understand and the pictures were great as well as the cost of the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book - easy read, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: Romans (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
My grandson (5) loved this book and read it all through at one sitting. We talked a lot about it, and he had obviously engaged with it because he talked about it a lot, and quizzed us on the Romans!

5.0 out of 5 stars Romans - great for Middle School aged children (7-8 yrs), 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Romans (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
This is a fab intro to the Romans and I used it with my class. Quality illustrations and content is just enough. Good readers could decode independently. My experience of Usborne books is that they are always wonderful and this one is no exception.

4.0 out of 5 stars Romans (Usborne Beginners), 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: Romans (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
Usborne books are always a good buy. educational without being stuffy. our local school uses them a lot, helps to get children interested in history, ehich i never a bad thing.

Romans (Usborne Beginners)
Romans (Usborne Beginners) by Katie Daynes (Hardcover - 30 Jun 2006)
3.99