5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic book
I was really impressed with this book, I used it with my year 1 class when looking at the topic of space it is easy to follow,has good photos and diagrams and simple information for children to follow. The website links in the back reinforced the learning.Would recommend.
Published on 1 Oct 2009 by K. Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather out of date
It is a shame because essentially this book is very good, but it is rather out of date now. It is largely about the Space Shuttle which ceased flying in 2011 and talks about building a space station, when the International Space Station was completed in the same year. Looking at the publish date I see it was originally written in 2002, so no wonder.
Published 18 months ago by Just me

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic book, 1 Oct 2009
K. Williams (uk) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars great non fiction for very young readers, 20 Mar 2010
This review is from: Living in Space (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
My three year old has started asking lots of questions about the world around him and this series of books is great for trying to explain. They are very simple, concise non-fiction texts. Some are a little too complex for 3 year olds but definately good for 4+ or even older children who find reading more difficult. I am a primary teacher and would recommend them for young children who prefer reading non-fiction. A lovely intoduction to reading fact books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book, 5 Dec 2010
K. Lonsdale - See all my reviews
This review is from: Living in Space (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
Bought this for my five year old daughter who had lots of questions about life in space. Its a great book for her. Not loads of information but stuff she would be interested in like what and how spacemen eat, where they sleep, what they do in space, and what happens to bit of the craft as it blasts off. I love all the books we have bought in this series would recommend to anyone with a curious child

4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 27 July 2013
B. Athow (Romsey U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Living in Space (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
Nicely illustrated, seems to grab my sons attention and good informationMy 5 year old son enjoys looking and reading this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather out of date, 8 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014
Good information .

5.0 out of 5 stars An informative text for children, 28 May 2014
This review is from: Living in Space (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
This book was not exactly what I was expecting because it was a little smaller and had a hard cover. However, I work in a school and I took this book in to share parts with the children. They loved it. There were some bits that they found fascinating such as being strapped down to the toilet and having to hoover up the water from a shower. I used this book with children from Reception to year three. This could be used as high up as year six because of the amount of information in it or it can be shared with children in Reception- I had the children act out hovering up shower water.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but out of date, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Living in Space (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
My son aged 5 absolutely loved this, it was pitched just right and he could read almost all of it for himself. I've knocked off a star because the facts are slightly out of date. It talks about the International Space Station as a work in progress and covers the space shuttles obviously before they were retired. My son was still fascinated though and desperate for more in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 29 May 2013
This review is from: Living in Space (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
Bought for my 5 year old son who had started becoming interested in space. He loves it and keeps randomly telling people the facts he's remembered so far!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 23 May 2013
This review is from: Living in Space (Usborne Beginners) (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my 9yr old daughter, she enjoyed reading this as she loves everything to do with space, the book would be suited to a kid a bit younger, but I am keeping it to pass onto my 3yr old :)

Living in Space (Usborne Beginners)
Living in Space (Usborne Beginners) by Katie Daynes (Hardcover - 30 Jun 2006)