Format: Hardcover|Change

on 17 December 2010
This book is genius. It explains the basic importance of nutritrion and healthy eating with stupendous illustrations and minimal text. This book should be a standard in every household!
on 20 July 2013
This book has been very helpful for my 4yr old boy. He has so many questions, and after a while it gets tricky answering them all. So I bought a selection of books on how things work, to read together. This one in particular has really caught his attention, we read it over and over, and talk about it at meal times (and during toilet visits!). It is simple enough for him, without skimping on detail.
on 5 April 2013
This is excellent, really good illustrations and hopefully will encourage grandson to eat fruit and veg! Overall this set of three books is excellent. The size is good the print in clear and easy to understand and the books were reasonably priced.
on 17 May 2010
My son was bought this book when he was about 4 as he was very interested in the mechanics of food and our 'pipes' and what happened inside. He turned 6 last month and for his birthday the school asks you to donate a new book rather than take chocs in - he asked us to purchase this book for his school. He gets more out of it now he is older. A an enjoyable book for youngsters
on 23 January 2010
Generally really clear explanations. The robot on the cover should have clued me in but without having seen the inside pages I was surprised to find many references to the body as a 'machine' and a number of illustrations using robots, tractors, conveyer belts, cement mixers and plasterers demonstrating how the body processes food. It hasn't yet captured my daughter's imagination though we think the book explains a lot of the concepts clearly.
on 21 May 2014
My daughter liked this. But having to explain that there are not little people running around inside your body. I do not know, maybe it is better to leave out the little people? It just makes it more confusing? It covers the bases though and is well thought out and logical overall.
on 17 March 2013
we have a number of these books now.We give them to our son as rewards each time he does something good at school. He really likes them and so do we.
on 23 January 2014
My 6 yr old grandson loves this. He is very curious about the human body and this book is great for explaining complex things in simple language.
on 1 February 2014
I was looking for a book to explain my son in other words what he was learning at school. He really liked the pictures and the way it was explained.
on 6 December 2013
Hope little boy will like it. He asked for it along with many books from same series. already has many from this series.