4.0 out of 5 stars Good spotters guide
I like this book as it has clear good pictures and it is small and slim. It is great if you just want to know what something is when going on a walk. However, it is rather sparse on additional information (but if you are out and about with kids, I don't see this as a problem).

Published on 28 Feb. 2010 by Eleanor Clapp

› See more 5 star, 4 star reviews
1.0 out of 5 stars No Woodlouse!!!
There I did it, 1 star, no woodlouse, no likey!!!

Such a shame as the rest of the book is lovely, if not a little x rated in some places (page 46!). And also I can't believe a caterpillar "turns" into a butterfly! This is just lies and probably a conspiracy, use your eyes and your brain and you will work out its clearly impossible!!!
Published 11 months ago by MR P S Caseley

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good spotters guide, 28 Feb. 2010
Eleanor Clapp (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bugs and Insects (Usborne Spotter's Guide) (Paperback)

One other point - it doesn't have spiders in. I know they aren't insects, but I was hoping they might come under the 'bugs' part and be able to identify a spider in my house. I was rather disappointed to find that the book didn't have them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect as a spotters guide!, 20 July 2010
This review is from: Bugs and Insects (Usborne Spotter's Guide) (Paperback)
Bought this for my sons 6th birthday as he is really into his bugs at the moment. I bought it to take out with us to help identify the bugs and insects we find. Although not loads of info it has lots of pictures to help identify the variety of ie moth 23 different ones. Perfect! - Does what it says on the tin!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little book, 5 May 2012
This review is from: Bugs and Insects (Usborne Spotter's Guide) (Paperback)
Bought this for my 3 year old daughter who loves bugs and it was a winner, it has lot's of nice images and interesting facts and am sure it will be great too as she gets older to learn more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stick to Bugs, 27 July 2011
TNB (Deep Space) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bugs and Insects (Usborne Spotter's Guide) (Paperback)
This Usborne book, bought for my great grandaughter, is real value for money. Keeping an active mind searching for information was the prime reason for my purchase and I am well satisfied with the result. I intend extending the range of these "Sticker Books" that I give to my greatgrandaughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, works well with other spotter guides when ..., 4 July 2014
This review is from: Bugs and Insects (Usborne Spotter's Guide) (Paperback)
Very quick despatch, Great book, works well with other spotter guides when out with the grandchildren

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for all ages, 10 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Bugs and Insects (Usborne Spotter's Guide) (Paperback)
Got the book for my little boys they love it, the pictures are brilliant and they can match the bugs with the pictures. There is a lot of differnt insects for them to learn, i would recommend this book for a wide range of ages and my boy are 3 and 5 and they can spot the bugs and tick them off in the book to help them. its so good that my sons school want to use it in their nature club.

5.0 out of 5 stars For little bug lovers, 27 April 2013
Mary Mizzi (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bugs and Insects (Usborne Spotter's Guide) (Paperback)
This is a great, easy to use guide for young insect lovers to learn about the nature in their own back garden. I bought this for my grandson with the National Geographic Bug Barn for his 7th birthday. He and his 4 year old brother spent the rest of the afternoon catching and studying bugs!

5.0 out of 5 stars ideal for gift for 6 year old just learning about nature, 24 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Bugs and Insects (Usborne Spotter's Guide) (Paperback)
Book delivered on time , in good packaging . Book is excellent for children it helps them prepare for checking out bugs in the garden, clearly describes the characteristics of the creature .Perfect as a stocking filler for Christmas or as a small gift for a cchild.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bugs, 20 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Bugs and Insects (Usborne Spotter's Guide) (Paperback)
Arrived in specified time. My 4yr old loves his bugs, though i think i should have purchased the garden insect book as many of the bugs in the book do not appear in our garden. Though i suppose its fun looking for them anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars facts at your fingertips, 18 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Bugs and Insects (Usborne Spotter's Guide) (Paperback)
Another absolutely delightful book for young learners. The format is very child-friendly in every way and is an attractive book to have around. The children are queuing up for their turn to have it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Bugs and Insects (Usborne Spotter's Guide)
Bugs and Insects (Usborne Spotter's Guide) by Anthony Wootton (Paperback - 25 Feb. 2006)