4.0 out of 5 stars Fun little guide for children, 17 Aug 2008
This review is from: Birds (Usborne Spotter's Guide) (Paperback)
I bought this book to encourage my five year old son to take an interest in birds (and remind myself of the names of many of them). It is a well illustrated little guide with concise but helpful descriptions and of course the points scorecard at the back which adds some fun without becoming too trainspottery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Birds (Usborne Spotter's Guide), 18 April 2014
This review is from: Birds (Usborne Spotter's Guide) (Paperback)
I’ve been bird watching with an older version of this book for over 25 years and have still not managed to see all the birds in it yet. My children have the up-to-date edition of the book. The layout is simple for children to use and the paintings of the birds are excellent, and make bird identification easy. The scoring system makes bird watching great fun and exciting too, if you manage to spot a 25 point bird! If I had one criticism of the new version it would be that the choice birds and scoring system would benefit from being revised. Sadly, some of the birds have declined in numbers in the UK, and new birds like the Little Egret are now becoming more common. However, it’s still a wonderful book and great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Birds( the Osborne guide), 17 Sep 2013
This review is from: Birds (Usborne Spotter's Guide) (Paperback)
I bought this little book for my little grandson and it is a great hit!! It is small enough for his little hands, colourful and the pictures are so clear to recognise. He absolutely loves it! He spends time in my conservatory now waiting for the birds to arrive in my garden and quickly flicks through to find the bird!! Delightful. A must have!.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Easy, 13 Jan 2011
Nicco (North Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Birds (Usborne Spotter's Guide) (Paperback)
I bought this book for my five year old daughter to go with a pair of binoculars as a gift. The pictures are very clear with little explanations next to each about the subject. A good general range of birds covered and ideal for the young beginner. Some of the inmformation may be a bit beyond her years at the moment but it will last a while. Even good for an older beginner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good basic guide to British birds, 14 Jun 2013
This review is from: Birds (Usborne Spotter's Guide) (Paperback)
I gave this a high rating as it is a good basic guide to spotting local birds. Easy to use and compact.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: Birds (Usborne Spotter's Guide) (Paperback)
This is an easy to read reference book and great to pop in a bag or your pocket if you're out.

4.0 out of 5 stars great little book, 10 April 2013
This review is from: Birds (Usborne Spotter's Guide) (Paperback)
lovely bird watching starter book, good pictures and a place to tick of those that you have spotted. suit ages 6 plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and educational, 11 Nov 2012
This review is from: Birds (Usborne Spotter's Guide) (Paperback)
Bought for my grandson age 6, we are having great fun identifying birds we see as we go for walks together.
My grandson enjoys ticking them of within the pages of this pocket size book. We are amazed at just how many different birds we have spotted.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for children, 15 Aug 2011
This review is from: Birds (Usborne Spotter's Guide) (Paperback)
Bought for my young grandson and he is delighted with it.He can't wait to go out for walks so that he can look for and identify different birds. Delivery was brilliant-it came the day after it was ordered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 3 Aug 2011
D. Edwards - See all my reviews
This review is from: Birds (Usborne Spotter's Guide) (Paperback)
Bought this for my six year old daughter, who absolutely loves birds. Very informative book, checklist in there too for ticks and dates :o)

Birds (Usborne Spotter's Guide)
Birds (Usborne Spotter's Guide) by Peter Holden (Paperback - 25 Feb 2006)