5.0 out of 5 stars The Oliver Moon Fan Club, 10 Dec 2008
Roy Norris (Madrid, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oliver Moon & the Potion Commotion (Book 1) (Paperback)
My 7-year-old daughter, Lara, and I love the Oliver Moon books. All of them. They're great fun, well illustrated and just right for children who are starting to become independent readers. I started off reading a chapter a night, but my daughter wanted more and more. Eventually, she grabbed them off the shelf and read them for herself. No, this is not Harry Potter: Oliver Moon is for younger readers and there is no hint of darkness in these stories. When Lara went to see Father Christmas she told him the only thing she really wanted was an Oliver Moon book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for readers growing in confidence, 4 Jan 2010
A. Milne "themilnes" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Oliver Moon & the Potion Commotion (Book 1) (Paperback)
My son and I came across the Oliver Moon books quite recently - and what a hit they've been! He's a good reader for his age and so I was looking for chapter books that weren't too difficult to read and that were easy for a little one to understand. Oliver Moon is a young wizard and the books are all about the capers that he, and his family, get up to. In this book Oliver is nominated for Young Wizard of the Year and all sorts of magical mayhem ensues as he tries to win the award.

These books have hit the nail on the head! They are full of lovely humour that five years plus can easily understand and appreciate, and have lovely, short chapters that are brilliant for giving a real sense of accomplishment to a reader who's embarking on "proper" books for the first time. Fantastic!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent find!, 3 Jun 2012
This review is from: Oliver Moon & the Potion Commotion (Book 1) (Paperback)
This is just the right level for my son to enjoy, and good fun to read aloud too. Am very pleased to have found this series, think we will be reading a fair few more! Tonight I read to my son (5.5) but don't think it'll be long before he's reading to me. Left him reading on himself. Also a good one for convincing him that books with black and white pictures only are fun too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fly us to the Moon..., 5 Feb 2011
R. Thomas (Belgium) - See all my reviews
Fab series,

Some of the first which my six year old has read on her own - but she loves them so much she insists that I listen too! Great word play, well wrapped-up plots, and credible characters combined with the ever-popular magic school formula. Ideal for 5-7 year olds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very popular, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Oliver Moon & the Potion Commotion (Book 1) (Paperback)
I bought this book to read to my class at school and it proved very popular - I can recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Oliver, 8 May 2014
This review is from: Oliver Moon & the Potion Commotion (Book 1) (Paperback)
Please Ms Mongredien continue to write such lovely stories about the wonderful Oliver Moon for one of your biggest fan my son (9)

5.0 out of 5 stars Oliver Moon and the broomstick battle, 19 Nov 2011
This review is from: Oliver Moon & the Potion Commotion (Book 1) (Paperback)
Excellent story content ,satisfying for young Harry Potter fans too !
I bought the set of ten in this series last year for our eldest grandson,a Harry potter fan.He could read them easily himself when he was 5 but the amount of type on each page seemed to put him off. What a difference a few months make,he was 6 in September this year ...last night he read the whole book for himself and could'nt wait to re-tell the story for me.He was so excited and is looking forward to reading the other 9 books . I will just have to make sure he reads during the day instead of silently reading in bed until 9.35pm !

Oliver Moon & the Potion Commotion (Book 1)
Oliver Moon & the Potion Commotion (Book 1) by Sue Mongredien (Paperback - 25 Aug 2006)
3.99