5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but not the best
Published on 11 Feb 2012 by Hello

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money, 12 Jun 2009
McBookworm (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: That's Not My Kitten (Touchy-Feely Board Books) (Board book)
Bought with my soon to be 1 year old great-niece in mind as she is getting to the curious stage and is soaking up all information like a sponge. The range of Usborne touchy feely books are well worth the money. They are colourful and have a range of different textures that help children develop language and sensory awareness. They are also pretty sturdy and can tolerate the odd bit of chewing from a teething child! I think they are great and have bought several from the range which comprises Angel, Bear, Bunny, Car, Dinosaur, Dolly, Dragon, Fairy, Frog, Kitten, Lion, Mermaid, Monkey, Monster, Penguin, Pirate, Plane, Pony, Princess, Puppy, Reindeer, Robot, Santa, Teddy, Tractor, Train, Truck and Polar bear due to be published in August

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughters favourite, 12 Nov 2006
V. Saramaki (Worcester, UK) - See all my reviews
This book is brilliant.

We have piles of board books, but this is the only one with pages thick enough for my 7 month old to turn herself. She will lie on the floor and turn the pages while I read the text for her, and we have much fun feeling all the feely patches.

I recommend this one to anyone with tiny folk at home!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but not the best, 11 Feb 2012
All the books in this series are charming, but I wouldn't consider this a favourite. There are basically two reasons: one, if your child is face-oriented like mine, the faces of the kittens aren't as open and expressive as some of the others (Monkey and Monster are particular hits with him), and two, the kitten with 'rough' paws has sandpaper on its pads, and if you've ever heard baby fingernails on sandpaper, you'll know what shuddering is!

The series is great and a kitten-loving baby will probably enjoy this, but if you have a choice I'd personally go with a different one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy., 26 Oct 2009
I originally purchased this book for my friend's daughter 8years ago. She loved this book so much that I always wanted to buy it again when I have children. My child is alot younger & prefers to put the book in her mouth. She also likes to turn the pages, when I'm reading to her. As it's hardback this makes it easier for her. The book has a variety of textures which is good for baby's sensory development. There is also a little mouse on every page which you can play spot the mouse, when your child is older.

5.0 out of 5 stars present, 27 July 2013
My eight month old granddaughter loves the sort of books you have to feel and this series of books is good for small children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous books for any baby 12 months or up, 4 Mar 2013
I bought my 18 month old daughter 'Thats not my teddy' for Xmas and she adores it and so did my 12 month old niece. I have bought this for my niece for Easter as she loves cats! Great quality books perfect for little hands. Great service from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 12 Jan 2013
I purchased this along with those for my niece, great books for little ones they can read and feel the books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!, 9 Jan 2013
My grand-daughter loved this. I bought it as part of a collection of the Touchy-feely books as her Christmas present. Would definitely recommend,

5.0 out of 5 stars A present for my Grandson, 17 May 2011
This set of books is wonderful for tiny children. My grandson loves touching the pages.
Amazon service was brilliant too.

5.0 out of 5 stars :), 21 April 2011
Lovely childrens story, bought for my 16 month old who loves cats.
The touch and feel aspect of the book is really nice for kids.

Amazon sell these books much cheaper than other retailers, which is a bonus.

That's Not My Kitten (Touchy-Feely Board Books)
That's Not My Kitten (Touchy-Feely Board Books) by Fiona Watt (Board book - 28 Mar 2006)