on 17 September 2008
My son is a huge fan of these books - he got his first one for his 1st birthday and still loves it a year later. A great investment for a few pounds.

In these sorts of books, my son likes it when you can actually 'FEEL' the difference to the pages as opposed to see it - in this I mean that he's not a huge fan of 'shiny' or 'glittery' pages and will skip them in order to go to the 'Rough' or 'Fuzzy' pages where he can feel the difference. And in this respect this book is great as is has 'tufty', 'slimy', 'knobbly', 'prickly', 'fuzzy' and 'scaly'.

Other favs in this range are: dinosaur, penguin, train and puppy.
on 13 July 2010
The 'That's not my..' series of books are absolutely fantastic! My 5 month old daughter absolutely loves them and is never bored by them! They are bright, colourful and the chunky pages means that she can hold onto them and move them without damaging them! She reaches out to touch the pages now when she sees these books, becuase she is so used to feeling the different textures! She laughs when I read the repetitive sentences out loud to her!

This dragon version is one of my favourites- the pictures are lovely and adjectives used are perfect. As my daughter gets older, I can see these books helping to broaden her descriptive vocabulary- brilliant!!
on 10 April 2014
I love these books. We have a big collection of these here at home and my daughter has had many, many hours and days of entertainment from them. I started her on these at about 6 months of age and at 16 months now she still loves to read them.

Each page, including the cover, has a picture with part of it being made of materials that encourage touch, like fur or silk. The wording on each page is simple and rhythmic, making it almost like reading a poem. I find that these books serve many purposes; the material encourages tactile play, the easy use of language helps develop interest in reading and the use of grammar encourages specific lingual habits that aid later learning, and the subjects covered in the book help the child begin to identify those things in reality (like tongue, beard, mane etc). You also find a small white mouse on each page and I found that as my daughter grew she began pouring out the mouse, which led her on to pouring out each item that applied to her, like body parts.

A wonderful and varied series of books that every toddler home should have!
on 15 June 2014
We have TNM snowman and TNM teddy. My son is 10 months - this is his favourite one he reads it most days. The colours are lovely and bright with lots of different dragons inside. The textured areas are quite big which my son likes.The contents are TNMD its ears are too tufty (purple fur), TNMD it's spots are too slimy (pink spotty spongy material), TNMD it's claws are too knobbly (yellow hard textured plastic), TNMD it's tail is too prickly (red Velcro), TNMD its tongue is too fuzzy (pink felt), TMD it's wings are so scaly (green hard textured material).
on 16 August 2012
We bought quite a few of these for my Son at Christmas (when he was 6 months old). He loved looking at the pictures then and, with some help, feeling the different textures on each page of the book. Now, at 14 months, he loves sitting on our laps and going through these books, touching the textured bits & helping turn the thick board pages which are great for little fingers. This book is one of the best from the series.
on 1 May 2009
This is by far the best book in the "That's not my..." range. Really bright colours and the touchy feely bits are a good size and varied. My little boys loves this one.
on 11 February 2006
This is great for both boys and girls. Fantastic illustrations and great textures.
on 4 April 2010
we have a number of the 'that's not my ...' series of books for our seven month old and they are fantastic. he's played with them for months and loves all the different textures and bright colours. now when he 'reads' any other book he feels the pages to see if they are just like them. the dragon book is fun and there's not a lot of repetition in textures like some books have in the series. would highly recommend.
on 1 July 2014
After taking forever to chooses a book from "That's not my..." series I decided on the Dragon and Teddy. I guess there is no way of telling which one your child will enjoy the most. My 8 month old loves this book, its his favorite actually, but the Teddy one on the other hand is not a big hit, although he still enjoys it very much. I definitely recommend any book from this series.
on 30 September 2009
We have a few of the "Touchy Feely" series of books and this is by far my (and my son's!) favourite! The pictures are gorgeous from beginning to end, with lovely colours, lots of sparkly stars and friendly-looking dragons. Best of all is that the touch-areas are large, something that isn't always necessarily the case with some of these books. Another favourite is the "Truck" book which also has large areas to touch. I hope you enjoy it as much as we have.