5.0 out of 5 stars A great introduction to the Human Body
Published on 29 Mar. 2006 by YellowbellySEO

3.0 out of 5 stars Reproductive system?
This book is great....except that it has tidily ignored any 'bits'! Why? Surely kids will wonder why? Mine are delighted by the poo bit!
Published on 28 Nov. 2011 by spanna_anna@hotmail.com

5.0 out of 5 stars A great introduction to the Human Body, 29 Mar. 2006
This review is from: See Inside Your Body (Usborne Flap Books) (Usborne See Inside) (Board book)
This is an excellent book to introduce children to the inner workings of the human body, helping to answer all those, "Mum, why do we poo?" type of questions. It is quite robust, having thick pages, each covered in flaps which open up to reveal body parts and how they work, all tastefully drawn. The explanations are simple and straightforward eg. if it means 'poo' it says 'poo' not 'stool' or some other euphemism not understood by a child. The colours are bright and there is plenty of detail to keep a child coming back to study the pages time after time. I bought it for my three and a half year old who loves it. It is designed for children up to the age of 10 I would think, but smaller ones can enjoy it too, looking at the pictures and reading with a parent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty comprehensive... for any age., 4 Nov. 2008
Like most other reviewers got this as my 4-5 year old began asking questions about what is inside us? what is blood? what happens to our food? Why do we poo?
All these questions, and lots more besides, are answered simply with good instructional pictures which even taught me a few things.
Nothing included of a sexual nature but that's fine.
All-in-all excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for fact-hungry kids!, 4 April 2008
Joanna Fleming (nr Bergen, Norway) - See all my reviews
From about the age of 5 my son became very interested in factual books. This is a really good book and the lift-the-flap format works really well with this subject - helping to picture what is inside the body. At first I was reluctant to order it because it is only 16 pages long - however, there is so much detail and information it is a really good buy - always something else to look at and discuss with my son. I agree with the other reviewer that there is a lot here to make it a useful & informative book for primary school level too. Well made solid book with sturdy flaps. I think I will purchase further books from this `See Inside' series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top marks!!, 30 Mar. 2009
N. Bray "Snootybutnice" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my daughter when she was around 4 and she loved it. Couldn't get enough of it in fact - and it still remains one of the core books that she looks at. This book will be good until she's probably finished school! Each page is colourful - just like the photo of the front cover, with lots of closeups and many flaps with lots of tit bits of info. You see someone eating and follow it through how the body breaks it all down until it goes around the intestine and you poo or wee it out at the end. This is probably her favourite page!! There are many flaps e.g. under windpipe, under liver, under intestines etc etc each describing the function of that particular part of the body. I loved the closeup pictures of each area, because I could describe to her how things could get stuck in her throat such as when she eats then throws her head back playing and how it can stop her breathing etc... I felt that she was able to understand what happens and why we tell her she must sit still and eat. Other pages cover how the lungs work, brain works, etc... Even I learnt stuff - it was all very easy and informative - and very thorough. I'd recommend it to all parents of children 4-8 and older!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 25 Jun. 2010
J. Frick (UK) - See all my reviews
This book is great- my 5 year old loves it but it will last for many years to come since there is so much information. the little flaps make it fun at the same time as it is very educational. well worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes Learning Fun, 8 Nov. 2007
This review is from: See Inside Your Body (Board book)
I bought this in January 2006 for my eldest daughter, she was 4 at the time, when she started asking what was inside her, i.e: What does my heart looked like? What's underneath skin my skin? What are muscles? and this book really helped with the answers. She still loves it at age 6 and I would imagine she will still find it relevant and interesting right through primary school.
The illustations look as though they have been hand drawn and coloured in in pencil, so they are quite accesible to young children and there are no grisley photos of your insides. The main illustrations have lifting flaps, which hide extra facts. Extra humourous remarks and pictures are dotted all around the pages. The text is clear and easy to understand. There is a glossary for some of the more difficult terms. The book is both fun and informative.
It is a lovely solid book with board pages so despite being taken into pre-school and primary school twice it is still inexcellent condition.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reproductive system?, 28 Nov. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Pittsy, 9 Sept. 2009
M. Gaspare (Italy) - See all my reviews
What a fantastic book. My grandchildren aged 5 and 3 thoroughly enjoy looking at this book especially the digestive tract.
I can really recommend this book to anyone with small children who ask the questions Why,How and When.

5.0 out of 5 stars top marks, 1 April 2009
Judith A. Allam "bob" (doncaster u.k.) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent book for when children start to ask questions about their body.I strongly reccommend it, a beautiful colourful book. I also learned alot too! (I knew I should have listened more at school, but this book makes it much more interesting. Maybe if I'd had it when I was young i would of learn't more!)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as expected, 23 Nov. 2013
Got this book for my 4 year old who has started asking me lots of questions about his body. I was not as impressed as I hoped I would be. I was a bit disappointed that there was not a large picture showing a skeleton so my son could see all of his bones and where they are. There are pictures of parts of a skeleton but I would have liked a full forward facing picture.

See Inside Your Body (Usborne Flap Books) (Usborne See Inside)
See Inside Your Body (Usborne Flap Books) (Usborne See Inside) by Katie Daynes (Board book - 28 Jan. 2006)