5.0 out of 5 stars Cute book for tots.......
Published on 20 Aug 2009 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit old fashioned
We bought this along with a similar book to help ease my first son into the idea of a new baby in the house. This book isn't bad but he never really got into it and the ideas in it are pretty old fashioned in the sense of gender roles and what happens when you have a baby in 21st century Britain!

We and he preferred 'There's a House inside my Mummy' which he...
Published on 20 Aug 2008 by Gozaradio

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute book for tots......., 20 Aug 2009
This review is from: The New Baby (Usborne First Experiences) (Paperback)
This is another cute book for tots who are going to become big brothers or sisters, my two year old daughter loves it. Its based around a family called 'The Bunns' who are having a new baby. I read a review that said it was a little old fashioned, which for some it might be, it refers to the mum and dad as Mr & Mrs Bunn and its a very 'traditional' set up eg. Mum, Dad, 2.4 kids and a dog. For me this was fine as this is what my family make up is so it suited well. Its short and sweet and has the classic Usbourne trade mark of a little Yellow duck somewhere on each page, which my tot loves - she knows where every single one is! A good all rounder if you ask me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 2 Mar 2012
This review is from: The New Baby (Usborne First Experiences) (Paperback)
I ordered this book based on the reviews here and haven't been disappointed. My 22 month old adores this story and it has become compulsory bedtime reading. My advice though would be to order the Usborne Complete Book of Experiences.
Complete Book of First Experiences (Usborne First Experiences)
For a little over twice the price you get this story as well as other 'experiences', with a hard rather than paper cover.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice & simple overview for toddlers about to become an older sibling, 16 May 2011
F. Ewart (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Baby (Usborne First Experiences) (Paperback)
2-year old daughter loves this book & definitely feel she is taking on board the events which will surround the arrival of her brother to the family. It is traditional, yes, but I think it would be impossible to try & cover every type of family set up. Would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the perfect book to explain what happens when there's a new baby., 9 Feb 2010
Karen Smith - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Baby (Usborne First Experiences) (Paperback)
This book goes into just enough detail to explain what will happend, from mum going into hospital, visiting after baby's born and being at home. It was brilliant for my 3yr old especially the lovely pictures

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 29 Aug 2013
This review is from: The New Baby (Usborne First Experiences) (Paperback)
Really useful for my daughter with a new baby on the way. Will buy more in the series for my sister.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 24 Aug 2013
This review is from: The New Baby (Usborne First Experiences) (Paperback)
Bought this for my 2 1/2yo son when I was pregnant the 2nd time. It really helped us explain our pending arrival to him, and I believe helped him understand what was going to happen. Once we finished with it, I passed it to a pregnant friend who agreed the story and pictures were lovely.

5.0 out of 5 stars An instant hit, 14 April 2011
Mrs. S. M. Miller (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Baby (Usborne First Experiences) (Paperback)
This book arrived 2 days ago and I feel like I already know it cover to cover, it is rather traditional but for my little girl gets the message across and has opened up opportunities to talk about things like, who will look after her when mummy goes into hospital. The pictures have lots of little details which she enjoys pointing out and the text is simple but perfectly sufficient.

4.0 out of 5 stars The New Baby Book, 11 April 2011
This review is from: The New Baby (Usborne First Experiences) (Paperback)
Both me and my son enjoy this book although it seems a bit old fashioned with the parents being called Mr. & Mrs. rather than Mummy & Daddy. It gives a good idea of what to expect at the end of the pregnancy though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great preparation for the arrival of a sibling., 8 Mar 2011
This review is from: The New Baby (Usborne First Experiences) (Paperback)
This book is great for showing a 2 year old what to expect in the family home during pregnancy and when the baby comes home. It follows the Bunn family and the story has a kind of lovely old fashioned feel to it. My daughter loves to look for the Usborne duck (which is hidden on every double page spread). I would recommend this book for anyone with 'traditional' type of family e.g. Mum, Dad, Granny and Grandad, and 2.4 children. I think those with more unusual family set ups would find this book stuffy and not what they are looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 3 Aug 2010
This review is from: The New Baby (Usborne First Experiences) (Paperback)
Purchased this book to read with my 3 year old daughter. She loved the book and it helped us discuss how things would change when the baby arrived.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The New Baby (Usborne First Experiences)
The New Baby (Usborne First Experiences) by Anna Civardi (Paperback - 25 Feb 2005)
Used & New from: 0.01