4.0 out of 5 stars A fun way to prepare young children for the big move!
Trying to explain to a 3 year old child what will happen when their family moves house is not easy , but this book can help them to understand. The action packed illustrations and simple story have plenty to keep pre-schoolers amused, whether reading with an adult or reading alone. Educational, colourful and amusing.
Published on 20 Feb. 2001

Published on 28 Mar. 2010 by Sharon Pope

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun way to prepare young children for the big move!, 20 Feb. 2001
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book, 28 Mar. 2010
We brought this book to try and explain to our 2yr old that we were moving house soon. As yet we have not used any of the stickers because we are now using the book as a 'read-along' story. There are small illustrations to show where the stickers should go, and when reading the story we get our son to tell us what those illustrations are (therefore learning). Most of these illustrations are the key words heard when moving i.e. van, boxes, carpets, plants, matress etc etc. He still has no idea there are stickers as yet, but its been a great way to try and get him to understand and also 'read' the pictures. So in that respect it has been really useful.

All in all I think he is still a little young to understand the concept of moving house, but still a great Usbourne book. We also brought the normal book too, but since we have started 'reading' this book, we havent picked up the normal book, so would recommend this one rather than the normal book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book but maybe not for tiny ones - sticker book version better option then, 28 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Moving House (Usborne First Experiences) (Paperback)
We brought this book to try and explain to our 2yr old that we were moving house soon. At the same time we also purchased the sticker version of this book as my son loves stickers. I have to say that to be honest, we dont really read this book any more as we found the sticker book version much more useful. The sticker version has illustrations to show where the stickers go, and we use those illustrations to try and get our son to 'read'. I think its maybe due to his age as there is more writing/story in this book compared with the sticker version (which is a lot more basic and to the point).

A great Usbourne book none the less, but maybe for a child a bit older than a toddler. If have a toddler I would recommmend maybe the sticker version,

4.0 out of 5 stars Good choice for my 2year old., 12 Jun. 2010
KayTeeD (Glsagow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I was concerned that my toddler would be upset by us moving house. I bought this book as a way to prepare him for the change.

The stickers were great. Really got him engaged with it. And as with most Usbourne books it had the duck on every page to keep him entertained.

A worthwhile purchase.

(Although, he was a little obsessed with the kindly neighbour who brought the Spark family a chocolate cake to welcome them to the new house. I was hoping he wouldn't be too disappointed when none of our neighbours brought us any cake!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great preparation for the big move!, 8 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Moving House (Usborne First Experiences) (Paperback)
We bought this before moving with our eldest when she was four, and then used it again for her little sister when she was two, and it helped demystify the experience for both of them. In fact, our youngest loves this book so much we're still reading it daily several months after having moved! Going to the dentist is another firm favourite - so maybe we're just weird...

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving House, 7 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Moving House (Usborne First Experiences) (Paperback)
A really great book for a small child to understand the process of moving from their house to a new one. Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 13 Jan. 2013
bought for niece. she seemed to like it, sickers make it more fun and you could read it first then do stickers another time

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 Mar. 2013
I purchased this book for my grandson who was moving back to England from overseas and although not everything was relevant to his situation it did explain to him what was happening.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite with my toddler and her mum!, 2 Dec. 2012
Great little book, and helpful for those wanting to familiarise their kids with everything involved in moving home. My 18 month old enjoyed the story and stickers, but the book would also be suitable for older ones. 6 months later it's still a favourite in our house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving house, 23 Nov. 2012
Bought for a two year old who was moving to a new home - she enjoyed the story and really enjoyed the stickers. And made an easy transition after the move - definitely a good book for children.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Moving House (Usborne First Experiences)
Moving House (Usborne First Experiences) by Anna Civardi (Paperback - 25 Feb. 2005)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available