5.0 out of 5 stars Tres bein
I have had these cards for a while now and use them in my childminding setting for playing snap and learning french words. All the children from the very young to the old love them. And it is great to hear recently that one of the 10 year olds I look after said it really helped her with french lessons at school.
They are well designed and durable and the pictures...
Published on 12 July 2008 by C. Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars An expensive 12 words
Published on 14 Mar 2011 by Hettie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Tres bein, 12 July 2008
C. Smith (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snap Cards in French (Cards)
They are well designed and durable and the pictures are really appealing to all ages.

2.0 out of 5 stars An expensive 12 words, 14 Mar 2011
Hettie "Maureen C" (Edmonton, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snap Cards in French (Cards)
I cannot fault the quality of the card used - hence the two stars. However, what a disappointment to find only 12 French words. I found la montgolfière to be a very strange choice since it is stated that this is 'a great way for young children to learn simple French words . . . .' There are many simple French words but I would not count la montgolfière among them!

5.0 out of 5 stars French Snap, 9 Feb 2009
K. Baston (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snap Cards in French (Cards)
Great idea for getting children into French language, a fun way to learn, and a big hit all round

5.0 out of 5 stars Snap cards in French, 15 Sep 2010
Ms. E. Teece "teecee" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snap Cards in French (Cards)
The snap cards are a recent addition to my French resources as a primary MFL teacher. They are an excellent resources that the children can use easily as they are familiar with playing the game. An excellent way to consolidate language learning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hit with my three, 13 Aug 2009
C. Lawrence (Gloucester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snap Cards in French (Cards)
My children all love these snap cards (aged between 4 & 8). Bright, sturdy cards and they don't even realise that they are learning at the same time we're playing. Great stocking filler.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 30 Oct 2011
This review is from: Snap Cards in French (Cards)
the only drawback is that there aren't as many different cards. It is good nonetheless, just hoped for more words to teach my daughter.

2.0 out of 5 stars A nice idea but they don't go far., 3 Jan 2012
This review is from: Snap Cards in French (Cards)
Well, the cards are attractive with nice pictures, clear printing and are well made. We had fun matching and learning the words at first, and then playing Snap, which helped fix them in the kids' memory.

But now what? We can't keep repeating the game forever, and there are only 12 fairly random nouns. (Why would a beginner need to learn "hot air balloon" ?). Note to Usborne publishers: you can't learn a language just through nouns!! - they do the same thing in their video. First Fun With French [1994] [DVD]

These cards would probably be worthwhile if I were teaching classes in a school and could re-use them every year. But for a family it's not really substantial enough, and there don't seem to be any add-on sets available.

I haven't tried these French for Beginners Flashcards (Usborne Language for Beginners Flashcards) myself, but (speaking as a language teacher, albeit to adults) they look like a better purchase. And these look reasonable too. French Berlitz Kids Flash Cards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Snap Cards in French (Cards)
Kids loved it and a fun learning tool.

4.0 out of 5 stars Snap, 30 April 2014
it is brilliant!

thank you for the game. I am looking for another game in French called le jeu des sept familles. Have you heard of it? and where can I find it?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great aid, 12 April 2014
This review is from: Snap Cards in French (Cards)
These are a great aid to learning. I bought them for my young cousins but was tempted to keep them myself! Anything that makes learning fun has to be a good thing.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Snap Cards in French
Snap Cards in French by Jo Litchfield (Cards - 30 July 2004)