5.0 out of 5 stars Small, But Full of Info.
Published on 29 Dec. 2006 by Anne Hall

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book but slow delivery
Good book - makes a nice present for the young horse rider. Gives in depth information on riding and stable management subjects (including western riding!). Although the book was delivered within delivery time, it took a fortnight to arrive and was in thin packaging which my dogs managed to pierce - damaging the book!
Published on 31 Jan. 2013 by Jenny B

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, But Full of Info., 29 Dec. 2006
Anne Hall "saminspain" (Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Usborne Little Book of Riding and Pony Care (Hardcover)
I am a teenager, and was looking for horse books when our school had their annual "Book Fair" I came across this book and was in two minds about buying it. It looks aimed at very young children, but you'd be surprised at the content. It is little, as therefore doesnt go into alot of detail, but doesnt go into as much detail as possible for the size of the book. I was glad I decided to buy it, as it covers everything from taking your first steps, to jumping, and competing, from grooming to mucking out, and catching horses in their field, with handy little extra tips. 9/10, its only fault it its size!!

5.0 out of 5 stars small but concise, 4 Oct. 2007
T. Rokita (kent) - See all my reviews
I bought this recently for a 9 year old who has just started riding and I think it is perfect for a beginner to intermediate rider.There is a lot of information here such as caring for a horse, many different ways to ride and trouble shooting problems. I rode for 3 years and I'm learning from it and ordered another copy for my own daughter. I think it's small size is a bonus as you could/should take it riding with you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 21 Feb. 2014
Bought for my 8 year old daughter. She loves it. Lovely pictures & ideas for children. Like the small size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect little gift., 27 Nov. 2014
I bought this for my niece's 7th birthday because of reviews. She's just started riding lessons and doesn't like to read...She absolutely loves it (as does her mum) and wasn't interested in opening any other presents, she just wanted to read. Brilliant. The book it's self is beautiful. Just the right size for a young child. Can't recommend highly enough.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book but slow delivery, 31 Jan. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful book for young and old., 23 Sept. 2009
My daughter has just got into pony riding and found this book delightful. It is full of photos and diagrams that are clear and bright. The information is simple and easy to read. It explains everything a beginner equine enthusiast needs to know about riding from how to get on, stopping and turning right through to cantering and jumping. It also brushes over tack, the riders clothing, basic pony care and more. I have done quite a lot of pony riding in the past and have recently started again at the age of 29 and I've even found this book useful! A good read for the young and the older beginner rider.

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice little book, 15 Feb. 2014
A perfect book for the enthusiastic horse lover. My 9 year old niece really enjoys this book. A successful purchase. Arrived within the time frame, was well packaged and in good condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 year old began reading this as soon as she unwrapped it... before opening other presents!, 27 Dec. 2013
My granddaughter began reading this the instant she opened it on Christmass Day and despite having several other presents waiting to be opened. Need I say more.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant little book, 21 Nov. 2013
Speedy delivery, excellent condition. I bought this book for my daughter but have spent most of the time reading it myself, very informative little book

5.0 out of 5 stars really interesting facts, 15 Nov. 2013
I bought this book for my 5 years old who loves animals and just started riding lessons. The book is a mini encyclopaedia of horses, riding technics and styles, much more thorough that what I thought. Must be read with an adult. My child is really pleased with it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Usborne Little Book of Riding and Pony Care
The Usborne Little Book of Riding and Pony Care by Rosie Dickins (Hardcover - 29 Aug. 2003)