5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Spanish.
Published on 29 Jun. 2010 by Louis

3.0 out of 5 stars First 1000 Words : Spanish
I bought this book for my 4 yr old grandson who is starting spanish lessons. Hopefully it will help him learn his spanish by seeing the article and the spanish name underneath it.
Published on 19 Sept. 2011 by milyn

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Spanish., 29 Jun. 2010
This review is from: First 1000 Words: Spanish (First Thousand Words Mini) (Paperback)
This book is easy for all ages to understand. The start of the book helps you to understand the pronunciation of words. Pictures have the word next to them and and cover the following categories; House, kitchen, garden, shed, street, toy shop, park, zoo, travel, countryside, farm, beach, school, hospital, doctors, party, shopping, food, body, jobs, family, verbs, adjectives, days, occasions, weather, pets, sports, colours, shapes, numbers, fairground and circus. An easy and fun way to learn Spanish.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for any inspiring Spanish speaker, 26 Oct. 2011
I learnt spanish at GCSE and now quite a few years on I have decided to try and refresh my memeroy a little. This book is simply wonderful and a great tool to help learn the spanish words needed for everyday life. The illustraions make the words very memorable and great for any age.....(I'm 30 and I love it). I would strongly recommend purchasing this book and in other languages that you wish as a great visual aid.

5.0 out of 5 stars first thousand words in Spanish, 5 April 2009
this book is excellent for children and adults who want to learn Spanish, for the very beginners of course, the one thousand words are with pictures, of the farm, the house, the park etc.etc.etc. at the end of the book there are numbers and colours and also on how to read the pronunciation,and after that, you can link to the internet to hear the sound of the words, brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Muy bueno!, 17 Jan. 2013
MsOtakon. (London, England) - See all my reviews
I purchased this book for my 2-year-old Son and received this book today, I managed to have a flick-through and I am so delighted to see that this book is exactly what I wanted. The book is nicely laid-out in different categories such as the House, the Park, the Farm etc. and each category has its own list of words, the best part about this is that there are pictures associated with each word, so people who are new to Spanish are able to learn the vocabulary easily as the drawings give a good indication of what each word means. If the drawings aren't very clear as to what the word means (which I can admit, in some cases this has happened to me), you are able to easily consult the back of the book on the Word List page (this page consists of ALL the words in the book, written in alphabetical order) and beside it shows the meaning of the Spanish word in English, on top of that, there is also a pronunciation guide for each of the words at the back to help you achieve the authentic Spanish accent when reading out loud.

I am very happy to know that I have a very good and reliable resource for teaching my Son everyday words in Spanish, I purchased this book mainly because he took an interest in the language when I introduced it to him through interactive learning games on the internet and he has since been asking me, "What is this in Spanish? What is that in Spanish?" whilst pointing at various objects around him, and most of the time I used to feel a little frustrated because I don't know WHAT the particular word he's asking for in Spanish is when he is dying to know. Now with this book, I can easily tell him the Spanish words used for everyday objects and I am sure he would also be delighted with the lovely, colourful, cartoon illustrations in the book which would definitely draw his attention as we read through the book together and as mentioned before, he will find that he is able to associate the words with the colourful pictures next to them. Also, I am very happy with this book because not only can I now help my Son learn various words in Spanish, but I am also able to learn some vocabulary myself along the way!

The only problem some people may have with this book is the size because this is the mini-version of the original which is a lot bigger than this! This version is the pocket-sized version, however, this is not necessarily much of a problem for me and my child because if anything, we are able to bring this book everywhere we go as it fits perfectly inside his Baby Bag for when we travel.

The delivery service is also excellent, I am able to receive this book the next day after purchase AND it came in very good condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love it, 2 Feb. 2009
L. Dexter (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
We use it all the time. We being a 45,42 and 3 year old:-)
The pictures and words are useful, extensive and the phonetic help also good. We do not use the internet connection that much but have if got stuck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous for building language vocabulary, 29 Oct. 2001
By A Customer
My daughter is being brought up bilingually and has had this book from day one. She is now 2 and a 1/2 and it is still one of her favourite books. There is such a wide range of pictures to talk about in spanish that it really broadens a childs vocabulary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellet book., 17 Sept. 2009
Mrs. Susan McCarthy (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my 3 year old daughter and we are both enjoying looking at it and learning from it. As always, Stephen Cartwright's drawings are a delight to look at with so much detail in them.

I would recommend trying the website link to help with pronunciation. The pronunciation of each word is listed in the back of the book, but it's better to hear the word spoken.

5.0 out of 5 stars FIRST THOUSAND WORDS IN SPANISH, 6 April 2009
CONNIE McVICARS "CONNIE" (CROSSFORD, FIFE, SCOTLAND) - See all my reviews
AN EXCELLENT BOOK FOR ANY AGE YOUNG OR OLD STUDENTS
OUR FOUR AND THREE QUARTER YEAR OLD GRANDSON IS USING THIS BOOK TO LEARN SPANISH AS WE OLDER STUDENTS TOOK HIS TO SPAIN WITH US
WHEN WE ARE BACK IN SCOTLAND WE READ HIS BOOK ALONG WITH HIM

4.0 out of 5 stars Size of edition, 8 Jan. 2011
I was surprised to receive such a small book (20x15cm?).I was expecting the larger format and on looking back at the given information I cannot see any sizes given.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for all ages, 1 Jan. 2013
I bought two copies of this as my sister and I are learning Spanish at evening class. I find it a useful reminder of words in a given setting without the boring dictionary coming out. If we are talking about the home, I have lovely illustrations to help me remember. My sister loved it and uses it for the same reason. For children, I have the bigger version.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

First 1000 Words: Spanish (First Thousand Words Mini)
First 1000 Words: Spanish (First Thousand Words Mini) by Heather Amery (Paperback - 27 Sept. 2002)
Used & New from: £0.01