on 30 October 2011
This is a wonderful book for a Year 3 kid. He had to do a project on Roman Army, and this book had everything!! Internet linked pages led to many useful websites for more information. Best part is that the kid can read it easily too. First I bought the easily available Rotten Romans book from bookstore, but had to struggle with that because it wasn't easy read for 7 yr old boy.This does the job excellently !!!
on 25 February 2013
I bought this to help my 7 year old son with his school Roman project, and he enjoyed looking through it and copying out some of the pictures. It was great - not too much detail for his age, but enough to keep him interested, and as I helped him pick out a few facts, I learnt a few things too! Very readable, for any age!
on 5 June 2013
Great book....my 12 year old loved it. Arrived on time and in excellent condition. I would certainly recommend this to anyone with a child interested in the Roman Army although a very quick easy read for my son's age group and so would probably be more suitable for a child much younger.
on 29 December 2012
My 11 year old was studying the roman army at school and we needed a few books to help with a project. This book was very simple and communicated all the key information in a language he could easily understand and enjoy himself. It will form a useful section of our home library for future reference by the children. Good value for money too!
on 14 January 2013
Bought to use in my Y3 Roman topic. Super text and very clear to read and understand. All about the army obviously so if you want a general text about the Romans, then buy another book.
on 11 May 2014
Covers all information on the Romans -: Uniform, Weapons, life of being a in the Army, etc. Very useful book for grown ups, schools,
children, well illustrated.
on 31 December 2012
Did I buy this for my granddaughter, well I did on the understanding I could borrow it from time to time. The fact file on each page is educational.
on 2 January 2014
Great read and I will show it to my mates. I sure will buy another by him with no worries
on 9 November 2014
Great information for general information on the Roman Army. Recommended for schools.
on 15 April 2016
interesting book but internet links require flash which I don't like