Format: Hardcover|Change

Simple touchy feely book, with big thick board pages and a different texture on each double page and the cover. Each page has a different bear on it (2 pandas, a koala on the cover, a polar bear, honey bear and grizzly) as well as the little mouse to look for every time. The text reads, for example "That's not my bear!.... Its tongue is too scratchy!" until the last page, when you finally find your own bear!!
My 1 year old enthusiastically feels each texture and turns the pages, and wants to read this one over and over again. His first word? "Bear"........
When you get bored of this one (which will happen way way before your baby does), try one of the others in the series. We also have "That's not my dinosaur" and "That's not my tractor". You can get a Dolly one, plus Teddy, Car, Kitten, and several others.
on 25 November 2008
I have had a couple of these books from the series including thats not my dinosaur and thats not my monkey and my 4 month old has really enjoyed them. We were both disappointed with this book that the colour contrast between the 'touchy feely' bits was not great and some of the pages had only a very small textured piece to feel which is difficult for younger babies who are not very dexterous. I would definately recommend the series but would advise on one of the other books with brighter colours and more to feel and see.
on 24 May 2011
What a gorgeous little book, I bought it for my baby when he was two months, as I love to read to him, now at four months he is getting interested in the textures and trys to turn the page. This is already becomming one of our favourite books. I will definately buy more Thats Not... in the series. They are very good quality
on 29 January 2013
I love books and bought lots of baby books for my baby as well. But this is the most favourite. We got 'That's not my puppy' from a friend when he was 8 months old. My son loves the textures, rythm (repeating text) and the big simple characters. We bought different titles from the series (used ones), and borrowed from the library. He's now 10 and half months, recognizes the pictures and looking, touching the books without me. It entertains him for 15-20 min (useful when you need to do housework). My son really is a toy tester :) but apart from some scratches the books are still in one piece. Good buy.
on 5 January 2009
This is a delightful, beautifully illustrated board book. The story starts on the front cover and continues over five double pages.

Part of Usborne's "touchy-feely" range, this book's USP is that both on the front cover and on each of the five pages one object is not printed on the page. Instead each is made of a different material which your child can touch and feel, thus providing a tactile as well as a visual experience.

Each left-hand page contains the words "That's not my bear" then the right-hand page gives the reason why not, e.g. "It's paws are too soft". You then get to feel the material the nose is made of.

I really like this book. More importantly, my toddler does too. Highly recommended. It is the first in this series I have bought and will definitely be on the lookout for more.
on 22 July 2013
Great little book! Our 4 1/2 months old son loves to touch the different textures on each page and started talking at the bears :)! Definitely recommended for little explorers who are just starting out to touch and feel things!
on 6 August 2010
I have to agree with everything written on another review. My 1 year old twins enthusiastically feel each texture and turn the pages, and want to read this one over and over again. They absolutely love them - we have the 'That's not my dinosaur' book and 'That's not my puppy' too.

When you get bored of this one (which will happen way way before your baby does), try one of the others in the series. They are such good value for money you cannot go wrong.
on 13 April 2011
There is now a whole series of these Touchy-Feely Board Books and this is as good as the others. I would suggest that this is for slightly older toddlers as it shows different types of (natural) bear. Thats not my Teddy being more suitable for babies. The young man who received this is delighted with it.
on 9 January 2010
The first book was used so much until it fell apart, so we got our son a second copy together with That's Not My Car and That's Not My Monster. He remains loyal to his bears though! Lovely little book.
on 10 May 2013
A winner in my house. Bought for my son for his 1st birthday and he loves it. We have loads of these books and all of them have been much enjoyed by both of my children.