Format: Board bookChange

on 21 May 2003
We must have read this book about 100 times in the last week. My 6 month old daughter really enjoys the bold, bright and simple drawings and the excellent textures on each page. This book and the others in the series are extremely well made - sturdy and not as 'edible' as other baby books my daughter has tasted! The textured patches are generous and easy for a baby who is getting to grips with had eye co ordination, to touch. Plus the story satisfying and fun. I have bought this book for all my friends babies too!
on 20 March 2003
I haven't even got any kids but first saw this book at the house of a friend - we almost took it home we loved it so muhc! Since then I have bought these for all my friends with kids and each time they have been a big, big success - so much so that we have gone international and taken them to friends in Israel and the USA. In fact, they are perfect for expat kids.
on 23 December 2003
We read this book almost every day! Since she was 5 months old my daughter has shown obvious pleasure when I choose this story to read. She even has a favourite page that she laughs at each time! I don't get tired of re-reading this book, I want to buy more in this series!
on 5 May 2010
Bought at Christmas and has got such good use - baby chooses this and the monster book often to 'read' with mummy or daddy.

Nice features and bright colours to catch interest, a nicer one of the series although some of the materials aren't as "feely" as others.

A lovely book and gift - and we are just about ready to start spotting the mouse on each page now too :o)
on 26 November 2012
I bought this book because of good response from others. My boy is 10mo now. I think he doesn't understand what this creature is. The quality of the book, colors, durability are excellent. I gave 4 stars because it's probably not for under 1yo babies like my son. Other books in this series (not my train, not my tractor) are my son's favorites even though he's quite small. I don't know yet if my son will like this book when he grows older.
on 10 April 2014
I love these books. We have a big collection of these here at home and my daughter has had many, many hours and days of entertainment from them. I started her on these at about 6 months of age and at 16 months now she still loves to read them.

Each page, including the cover, has a picture with part of it being made of materials that encourage touch, like fur or silk. The wording on each page is simple and rhythmic, making it almost like reading a poem. I find that these books serve many purposes; the material encourages tactile play, the easy use of language helps develop interest in reading and the use of grammar encourages specific lingual habits that aid later learning, and the subjects covered in the book help the child begin to identify those things in reality (like tongue, beard, mane etc). You also find a small white mouse on each page and I found that as my daughter grew she began pouring out the mouse, which led her on to pouring out each item that applied to her, like body parts.

A wonderful and varied series of books that every toddler home should have!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 July 2014
This book is nice (we have 15 of these books) and a must for any little one who likes dinosaurs. It has real dinosaur varieties with various textures such as squashy, bumpy t-rex teeth, rough sandpaper triceratops horns (in my opinion a great addition), soft stegasaurus spikes
Our favourites are dragon, monster and puppy
on 19 October 2009
One of my favourite from this range, lovely textures to discover. Brilliantly presented in bright bold colours.
on 22 April 2009
The pictures in this one are lovely and colourful - great for even a young baby. My four-month old son is already trying to reach out to touch the "feely" patches. We also have the bunny one but that was really disappointing and a bit boring in comparison. The dinosaurs have more variety in their "feely bits"!! Recommended!
Another huge hit in this wonderful series. This was our first one, beloved by both my children, especially my son. We like the really bright pictures, and the big differences between them (ones like 'That's not my Bunny' don't have quite the same variety of colours etc