5.0 out of 5 stars excellent for young enquiring minds, 5 Feb. 2009
Jane Bailey (Girona, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Usborne Internet-linked Children's Encyclopedia (Hardcover)
My six-year old son loves this book so much he takes it to bed with him every night- and he's not the keenest of readers! He does love learning about all the stuff, though, and has endless questions to keep me on my toes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Home Should Have One!, 18 May 2009
T. Full (UK) - See all my reviews
I have 3 grandchildren (ages 6, 4 & 2) who visit 2 or 3 times a year. I bought this book for "their bookshelf" - what a HIT it was over Easter!! Easy to look at, easy to read, easy to understand. And the bits they loved most were the practical "experiments". We adults loved them too - no need to find expensive items - a bowl of water and a mirror produced a rainbow - Wow! My only complaint ... they loved the book so much that they've taken it home with them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Every toddler should have it, 3 Oct. 2009
Mr. Mg Johnson (Essex, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
My four-year old daughter loves this encyclopedia...and so do we. She has lots of fiction but we wanted to introduce the idea of books as a place to learn about the world around us and this book is ideal. It has topics that can enthrall younger children immediately, such as what happens when we chew and swallow food (a great cross-section diagram of the human thorax brings it to life) to how toilets and taps work (we removed the lid of the cistern after reading it and she watched the toilet being flushed with amazement as our 'lesson' came to life before her eyes!). And for when they get older, there are abstract ideas such as plant cells, human reproduction as well as history and other cultures around the world. There are so many books within this book. Can I award it six stars?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book my boys love it..., 3 April 2010
OrganicGreen "Knowledge is King and books a g... (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I saw this book at a friend's house and straight away bought it at amazon. My two boys age 7 & 3 love it. When my sin ask a question any time of the day we get it out and read the two pages on the topic. The pictures are large, details and colourful giving enough to look good and educate at the sane time.

As my son covers different topics at school we read about it in this book. We have not used the Internet link yet and Incan defibately that this books stands well in it's own without using the Internet.

I wished they had the next level up from this book where you could say buy a set of five larger books that cover all topics. For more detail you would have to buy say 15 encyclopedia books that each cover one topic.

This book is great value so get it and your children will continue to love learning and expand their mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Resource, 27 July 2010
An excellent resource bought for my grandchild. The Internet linking encourages reading from the book as well as just resorting to searching the web. There is something special about owning a book that one does not get from just reading information on-line. Typical Usborne - Bright colours, interesting content and pitched at the right level to promote interest.

5.0 out of 5 stars just the job, 14 July 2010
Manston, Leeds (Leeds, West Yorks) - See all my reviews
I ordered this for my grandchildren (twins) aged 6 as they are now beginning to ask the why's and wherefore's of everyday things. Early days but this would seem to tick all the boxes, the information is in simple terms for the children to understand and the illustrations are very good. I think it will be useful and interesting for them for a few years to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative Book, 7 Jan. 2013
I bought this second hand and was very pleased with the quality for the price I paid. some of the information is a little dated now, specifically the electronic and computer information. We have now splashed out on a more up to date version and donated this version to school who think its great! Would recommend this encyclopaedia every time new or old editions give lots of very good information some of it will not go out of date and for the price I paid it was worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and exciting book, 12 Nov. 2010
S.Prog (UK Midlands) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my 7 year old daughters, they love it. It isnt a comprehensive or in depth book, but all the information is very clearly presented, with fantastic vibrant diagrams and pictures which capture the imagination. Each 'topic' is presented over a single or double page spread making it very easy to use and the internet links enable you to help the young ones take their interest further by expanding the information available. A great introduction to 'everything'!

5.0 out of 5 stars to help with school work, 6 Jan. 2011
This book is delightful, but also very educative, the internet link consolidate learning My 7 yrs old grand daughter was immediately fascinated

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 19 Oct. 2013
This book was in excellent condition and the child I gave it to so thrilled with it. They love reading it!

The Usborne Internet-linked Children's Encyclopedia
The Usborne Internet-linked Children's Encyclopedia by et al (Hardcover - 25 Oct. 2002)
Used & New from: £0.01