5.0 out of 5 stars Usborne Children Picture Atlas
Published on 18 Feb 2006 by dodgykeeper

3.0 out of 5 stars For children 5 and over
I got it for my four year old boy as he was showing interest in naming countries and talking of travel but clearly this book is for slightly older children. There is quite a bit of written material which a four year old has no patience for.
Published 23 days ago by Cookie

5.0 out of 5 stars Usborne Children Picture Atlas, 18 Feb 2006
This review is from: The Usborne Children's Picture Atlas (Hardcover)
An usborne children's book is always a safe bet but I was particularly impressed with this one. I have several copies in my primary two classroom (~age 6). The children all love looking at the fantastic illustrations. It is easy to use and gives a clear explaination of the keys commonly used in atlases. It is perfect for young children but is not patronising in it's writing style.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW -- What a fabulous book!, 10 Nov 2003
This review is from: The Usborne Children's Picture Atlas (Hardcover)
I was expecting a fabulous book with clear explanations, interesting pictures, and facts that would be compelling to a pre-schooler or early elementary grade child -- and this book SURPASSED my high expectations. The whole idea of how to read a map is so well explained for the new map-reader -- before you get into the maps, you see a two-page spread on each of the colors used widely in map-making -- WHITE is for ICE and SNOW, and YELLOW is for DESERTS, and BLUE is for LAKES and OCEANS, etc. Cultures, animals, dress, traditions, landscapes, and more are all well-packed into this book.
I bought this to share with my 3 1/2 year old inquisitive learner, and we will use just 2 pages each time we sit down. I think this would be equally or more valuable for older children, even up to the first 4 grades. (At that age, they can sit and read all the detailed information that is attractively presented.)
Well done Usborne, with another great resource book for kids!

4.0 out of 5 stars Childrens Picture Atlas, 26 July 2010
This review is from: The Usborne Children's Picture Atlas (Hardcover)
My children loved this Atlas very informative lovely pictures very helpful for my daughter aged 7 years old who is now doing a lot more school work on this subject. Lovely book and good price too!!

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful starter atlas, 3 Nov 2009
N. Arbuckle (scotland) - See all my reviews
bought for a 4 year old - he loves it! Just what you would expect from Usborne!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Usborne Children's Picture Atlas, 5 April 2009
Quality experiences (Surrey, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Usborne Children's Picture Atlas (Hardcover)
My son received this as a gift for his 4th borthday. I immediately went out and bought 10 copies, and every birthday party he has attended this year - this has been the standard gift.

Kids love it. Parents are very appreciative of it. A good educational book that can be used for many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandma's delight, 7 Jun 2007
Mme Christine Hart "Christine Hart" (Languedoc, France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Usborne Children's Picture Atlas (Hardcover)
I live in France and bought this book for my six year old grandson who loves The Continents and wildlife of any description. The book stays with us here in France for the twice yearly visits by the grandchildren. My Grandson's first reaction was "thank you Grandma for buying this book, I love it", what better accolade could it have? His four year old sister enjoys it too and together they explore the world and their imaginations run riot. They have learned so much from it; it has enriched their knowledge of the world I am now going to buy it for his primary school in Kent because I think it has so much to offer primary schoolchildren.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved by my 3 and 5 year old for the illustrations, 8 Mar 2011
V. Houghton (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Usborne Children's Picture Atlas (Hardcover)
A hardback book full of illustrations on every page. I was specifically looking for book with minimal words and maximum pictures and this was perfect. My 5 year old loves this book and will happily sit and look at the pages by herself, hunting for different animals, landmarks and country specific dressed people on each page (e.g. surfer in Hawaii, Mountie in Canada etc.) or as a game with her little brother in an 'eye spy' way. Brill

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., 28 Dec 2007
This review is from: The Usborne Children's Picture Atlas (Hardcover)
I thought this might be too much for my boy who is nearly 4. However, the pictures are fantastic and each page has a lot to look at.
He is just as happy to flick through the book on his own looking at the pictures of each country with its climate, animals, landmarks and people as he is going through it with us.
I know he's learning from the book but he's also enjoying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous childrens book, 12 Mar 2008
Stace (Stafford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Usborne Children's Picture Atlas (Hardcover)
I ordered this for my 6 year old son ready for his show and share afternoon at school, not sure if it would be suitable for his age. He loved the book immediately and was able to read and understand the text confidently. What really caught his imagination were the maps in the back, of the continents and countries, and the animals, landmarks, etc... that could be found around the world. I am sure we are going to have hours of fun learning about the world - think mummy will learn a thing or two as well!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Usborne Children's Picture Atlas, 6 Dec 2010
This review is from: The Usborne Children's Picture Atlas (Hardcover)
I bought this book as a Christmas present for my Partner's granddaughter who lives in the Philippines and is just 7 years old. When I ordered it I was not disappointed, it was even better than the impression given by the sample pages. The colour pictures are wonderful and it is packed with information that she can appreciate on different levels as she gets older. It shows how people live in different areas of the world and the countries where different animals originate. All the major cities of the world are shown on clear but detailed maps. I bought it to inspire her and open her eyes to the wonders of the world and I hope it will continue to do just that. And what did the child think...I'm told she was delighted and it is very precious to her! A totally lovely book well worth buying.

The Usborne Children's Picture Atlas
The Usborne Children's Picture Atlas by Ruth Brocklehurst (Hardcover - 31 Oct 2003)
6.29