5.0 out of 5 stars Usborne Children Picture Atlas
Published on 18 Feb. 2006 by dodgykeeper

2.0 out of 5 stars Would not recommend
Bit disappointed with this atlas. Expected several child friendly, bright, world maps i.e like a regular atlas but more suitable for a child. However, whilst there are some maps, a lot of the book provides details of the other countries e.g cultures, animals, climate etc. This is great but we have similar details in other books and I wanted an atlas. As a result of the...
Published 10 months ago by Claralou

5.0 out of 5 stars Usborne Children Picture Atlas, 18 Feb. 2006
This review is from: The Usborne Children's Picture Atlas (Hardcover)
An usborne children's book is always a safe bet but I was particularly impressed with this one. I have several copies in my primary two classroom (~age 6). The children all love looking at the fantastic illustrations. It is easy to use and gives a clear explaination of the keys commonly used in atlases. It is perfect for young children but is not patronising in it's writing style.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW -- What a fabulous book!, 10 Nov. 2003
This review is from: The Usborne Children's Picture Atlas (Hardcover)
I was expecting a fabulous book with clear explanations, interesting pictures, and facts that would be compelling to a pre-schooler or early elementary grade child -- and this book SURPASSED my high expectations. The whole idea of how to read a map is so well explained for the new map-reader -- before you get into the maps, you see a two-page spread on each of the colors used widely in map-making -- WHITE is for ICE and SNOW, and YELLOW is for DESERTS, and BLUE is for LAKES and OCEANS, etc. Cultures, animals, dress, traditions, landscapes, and more are all well-packed into this book.
I bought this to share with my 3 1/2 year old inquisitive learner, and we will use just 2 pages each time we sit down. I think this would be equally or more valuable for older children, even up to the first 4 grades. (At that age, they can sit and read all the detailed information that is attractively presented.)
Well done Usborne, with another great resource book for kids!

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful starter atlas, 3 Nov. 2009
N. Arbuckle (scotland) - See all my reviews
bought for a 4 year old - he loves it! Just what you would expect from Usborne!

4.0 out of 5 stars Childrens Picture Atlas, 26 July 2010
This review is from: The Usborne Children's Picture Atlas (Hardcover)
My children loved this Atlas very informative lovely pictures very helpful for my daughter aged 7 years old who is now doing a lot more school work on this subject. Lovely book and good price too!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandma's delight, 7 Jun. 2007
Mme Christine Hart "Christine Hart" (Languedoc, France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Usborne Children's Picture Atlas (Hardcover)
I live in France and bought this book for my six year old grandson who loves The Continents and wildlife of any description. The book stays with us here in France for the twice yearly visits by the grandchildren. My Grandson's first reaction was "thank you Grandma for buying this book, I love it", what better accolade could it have? His four year old sister enjoys it too and together they explore the world and their imaginations run riot. They have learned so much from it; it has enriched their knowledge of the world I am now going to buy it for his primary school in Kent because I think it has so much to offer primary schoolchildren.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous childrens book, 12 Mar. 2008
Stace (Stafford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Usborne Children's Picture Atlas (Hardcover)
I ordered this for my 6 year old son ready for his show and share afternoon at school, not sure if it would be suitable for his age. He loved the book immediately and was able to read and understand the text confidently. What really caught his imagination were the maps in the back, of the continents and countries, and the animals, landmarks, etc... that could be found around the world. I am sure we are going to have hours of fun learning about the world - think mummy will learn a thing or two as well!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Usborne Children's Picture Atlas, 5 April 2009
Quality experiences (Surrey, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Usborne Children's Picture Atlas (Hardcover)
My son received this as a gift for his 4th borthday. I immediately went out and bought 10 copies, and every birthday party he has attended this year - this has been the standard gift.

Kids love it. Parents are very appreciative of it. A good educational book that can be used for many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., 28 Dec. 2007
This review is from: The Usborne Children's Picture Atlas (Hardcover)
I thought this might be too much for my boy who is nearly 4. However, the pictures are fantastic and each page has a lot to look at.
He is just as happy to flick through the book on his own looking at the pictures of each country with its climate, animals, landmarks and people as he is going through it with us.
I know he's learning from the book but he's also enjoying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great christmas present for this year!, 4 Dec. 2009
C. Mcdonough "cmcd" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Usborne Children's Picture Atlas (Hardcover)
I have bought this for my 6 year old daughter, she travels around a lot with family (this year having viseted 7 countries)and i think it would be nice for her to see exactly where she is going while learning geography at the same time.Although she has not seen this present as its for christmas this year i do think she will enjoy reading through this book, this book is great for education and i learnt a thing or two having read it myself while she was in bed. defintely reccomend this book as it makes you want to sit and read more.

4.0 out of 5 stars great book, 17 Feb. 2011
This review is from: The Usborne Children's Picture Atlas (Hardcover)
I recently bought this for my 5 yeard old and she's really enjoying it as I think it covers some of the subjects she's already familiar with and learning at school. The book is nicely laid out with bright fun illustrations and big simple and easy to follow copy. Plus we were very impressed to find that one of the main buildings chosen to represent Spain (when refering to its cultural aspects) was not just the typical flamenco dancer from Andalucia but the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, where we are from!

The Usborne Children's Picture Atlas
The Usborne Children's Picture Atlas by Ruth Brocklehurst (Hardcover - 31 Oct. 2003)
Usually dispatched within 1 to 3 weeks