Format: HardcoverChange

on 4 September 2009
Very good book. And written in way which is easy for Children
to understand. Once again I suggest 7+ age for this book. But
the myths are written in very good and relateable manner for
children. The names of the characters are obviously hard to
pronounce for younger children but overall the book is easy
enough to read and understand.
0Comment27 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 March 2009
Well illustrated in a large format, a great storybook for 4-8 year olds who will benefit from hearing these stories for the first time.
on 25 November 2001
This is a wonderfully illustrated book containing facinating stories, some of which are familar, others not. My four year old daughter choose this book on a recent trip to the library and it has become a favourite story book, so much so that she has asked for her own copy for Christmas. Once she is able to read it herself I am sure it provide her with a lifetime of enjoyment.
0Comment51 of 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 October 2008
To this day mythology fascinates me and I have been looking for a book to introduce my 3 years old to it for some time. This one seems to be just the ticket. The stories are told in a way she can understand and the illustrations are lovely and bright. It's a very good selection of myths and the more guelling parts are handled well. I do recommend this!
0Comment23 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 February 2013
I bought this book for my 7 yr-old grand-daughter for Christmas. I live in Greece,so I wanted her to get to know my adopted country. She is an avid reader, and loves the book.
on 17 November 2011
I have bought this for my 6½ year old grandson who is an advanced reader. I was so pleased when I received it, it is beautifully illustrated and written, just enough content to keep him interested, not too much to bore him. Fantastic purchase. Always have liked Usborne books and this is no exception.
33 comments10 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 June 2013
Beautifully illustrated, the Greek Myths are reduced to their basic story which will be understandable to young children and a good refresher for parents.
on 26 February 2011
I got this book for my 7 year old son for his school project on greek myths. It is a lovely book with great pictures, the stories are easy to read, my son thought it was a brilliant book and read all of it with ease. Definitely recommend this book.
on 17 July 2011
The idea is wonderful - introduce my daughter to the great Greek Mythology. It was going to fit perfectly with her love of stories and wild imagination. But the stories are dull, not exciting, are very brief and divided in a way that makes you think each is a short 'independent' story, only to realise that you're starting from the middle of a story and that it is, in fact quite a long one.
I agree with the comment that said these are stories of stories. It is not what I expected and I don't think my daughter even begins to appreciate this wonderful world. I will, for sure be looking to get a different book to create a 'correcting experience'. Shame.
on 11 February 2011
This book consists of connected short stories on various characters in Greek mythology. The stories are on the short side and my 5 year old son can follow them them well. Some of the stories have gory endings, so I find myself editing some bits out. All in all, this is a great book for those interested in starting their children on Greek mythology.