on 30 August 2000
this book is the perfect tool for children who want to move beyond basic cooking and prepare real food that tastes good and the rest of the family will want to share. It is non-patronising and has been a great source book for my children - aged 10 to 14, and for the many groups of children I work with of all ages. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it - minimal assistance - if any required from an adult.
on 23 May 2004
Whilst using this book my cooking skills have improved greatly. As an adult, this book provides easy recipes which taste great, dont take long to make but nevertheless look fantastic. Also, it can be used to occupy children as it's step by step methods offer an exciting cookery experience. Top banana.
on 22 April 2006
A great book for all people not just beginners. This is my first cook book and it is great and given me so many ideas
on 30 January 2007
I am the worst cook I know but this book with its pictures to guide you make it straightforward. I couldn't believe it when I tasted the cheesecake that I had made!! and the Carrot Cake, it's top nosh...
on 7 December 2009
Excellent little book with great recipes that work and make delicious food, scrummy chocolate cake, superb pizza, great for kids and amateurs alike,
on 7 December 2011
I was shown this book by a friend who is a fantastic cook. This was a wedding present to them and although the cover doesn't do it any justice the inside and recipes are brilliant!
I do cook and i am what i call a 'good cook' though stuck in a rut with the same meals and sometimes, due to a hectic lifestyle, want to russel up something quick, easy and different.
I was so impressed i brought myself and my eldest daughter the book. It makes you want to cook. It is so easy and simple to understand and the recipes are great too.
+Highly recommend, not just for kids and beginners but the rest of us too!
on 17 March 2011
this book is cramed full of so many tasty recepies nothing fancy just good food
it is well writen with great pictures for step by step cooking and easy to follow instructions suitable for 4yrs - students
my daughter (13)uses this book to cook on her own

covers pasta pizza cakes and cookies roast chicken bread vegitarian rice salads and soups
tells you
how to make pizza base bread
how to chop prep veg
how to tell when food is cooked

the cakes and cookies chapter from this book is avalible as a seperate book so dont buy this book as well
on 27 October 2011
this book is great i have gotten 3 of them in total for friends and family.This is simple to follow has good recopies and has very clean illustrations on each section as to what to do to create the dish you choose. I would give this 5 stars or 10/10 its a beginners book but its perfect for most and you get more confident from each use of this book over and over i would recommend it.

from this supplier i was very happy quick delivery and great price.
on 26 November 2011
An excellent around cook book suitable for children, students living away from home and for general use. Good recipes and easy to follow instruction that are clear and concise. Illustrations are clear and offer support to the unsure cooks everywhere. So good I've bought five copies over the last couple of years for friends and family.
on 4 November 2013
Got this to replace old kids cook book and was chuffed.
The recipes are easy to follow and taste great. my husband loves to use the cake recipe's at birthday time and always comes up trumps.

great value for money. Whole heartedly recommend for starter cooks and those who can cook too. kids and adults alike.