5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book
Published on 29 Oct 2010 by Heather Newman

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!
Is this a book for visitors to our planet?

So basic it made me return it straight away for a refund - my only Amazon return to date. Of course, if you don't know armbands are helpful for those who can't swim it might be good for you!!
Published on 10 Oct 2010 by Andy H, Grimsby

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 29 Oct 2010
Bought this book as my son was going off swimming and was struggling for ideas to respark his interest. It's got great ideas for songs and games, which have worked wonders. He's much happier going swimming. There's also info about teaching smaller children to kick and use their arms. Personally I wouldn't use it to teach strokes, I'll leave that to the professionals, but the information given in the book about strokes is very good and I wanted to teach strokes, I'd be happy to use this book for help.

Thoroughly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly as it says, 8 April 2013
Very good book that made me think about how to give my little boy confidence in the water and move on to each step as we can't afford lots of lessons

4.0 out of 5 stars teach your child to swim, 19 Sep 2011
good little book, clear and understandable, follows on nicely from baby classes we have already done, using very similar methods. good buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 10 Oct 2010
Is this a book for visitors to our planet?

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful tips, 19 Oct 2009
Useful book to gain tips on encouraging water confidence and help your child to master basic strokes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teach Your Child to Swim, 25 Mar 2014
Actually I was the co-author of this book Teach Your Child to Swim so I do recommend it to parents who want their children to learn to love the water from an early age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for a new parent, 2 Mar 2013
We bought this for new parents. It gives plenty of sensible advice how to help your own baby get used to a swimming pool and eventually learn to swim.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, 6 April 2010
I've been using the tips from the beginning of the book (activities to be done while still in the bath) and our little one is loving them.It has very good tips on how and when to take your baby to the swimming pool. It also has some tips at the end part that are good even for ourselves as adults to improve our swimming.

2.0 out of 5 stars swimming, 17 May 2010
R. Singlehurst (UK) - See all my reviews
To be honest I bought this book to help get my daughter from splashing around to actually swimming with some good ideas on how to move them forward. That part of the book is very very very light. To be honest not much in the book full stop and what is included is pretty much mundane stuff that if you know how to swim you will be able to pass on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect introduction to the water for your kids, 7 Dec 2011
If you want to introduce your children to the water then this is the book for you. It contains everything you need from 3 months upwards to help make your baby learn that the water is fun and to help enhance that fun as they grow through childhood. As a swimming teacher myself I have used most of the information in this book over many years and was familiar with it before I read it. Although there is nothing revolutionary in here it is clear and concise and a perfect package for parents to use parts of either at home in the bath or at the swimming pool. Recommended.

Teach Your Child to Swim (Usborne Parents' Guides)
Teach Your Child to Swim (Usborne Parents' Guides) by Susan Meredith (Hardcover - Aug 1988)
Used & New from: 0.01