5.0 out of 5 stars Whoa this is good
Really good, way better than expected. The CD's so helpful and it's surprising how quickly I learnt. I thoroughly recommend it as a starting place for complete beginners. After making your way through this book you can easily move on to more complex books. The colourful pictures keep you entertained and 'make learning fun' as they say. Go buy it!!
Published on 26 July 2009 by L. Quartly

2.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointing
Published on 13 May 2011 by mrslilycat

5.0 out of 5 stars Whoa this is good, 26 July 2009
L. Quartly (England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great language builder, 21 April 2010
Amazon Customer (LONDON, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Italian for Beginners (Usborne Language Guides) (Paperback)
This is a very visual and basic book but its great for building vocab in an easy way. I'm still very much a beginner at Italian but find the pictures and scenarios an easy way to learn.

4.0 out of 5 stars great starter book, 14 Sep 2009
My 9 year old daughter loved this book. Its great for a starter book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Italian for beginners, 20 July 2009
Mrs. V. H. Blues (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Interesting way to study the language. Only problem is it wont let you go back to review any thing

2.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointing, 13 May 2011
We were slightly disappointed with this book, bought to brush up on my pre-hoilday Italian, and to teach the children some basic phrases. It's not very systematic, has no phonetic pronunciation and tries to do too much in a small space, both visually and aurally. The CD is not bad, but beware the english narrator with poor pronunciation - better when he leaves the examples to the real italians! Having no page links between the CD and the book doesn't make navigation easy. A good example of needing to see what a book is like before you buy it....

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this language book - MOLTO BUONO, 9 Nov 2010
This book is really great. I am very happy with it, especially as I know what to expect, considering the fact that I already have the exact same book in French, German and Spanish. It's fairly "easy" for me to pick up the language, as I just need to remember the format from the other books, which I am already used to. A useful and very fun way to learn another language. I highly recommend this book in any language you care to take up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 29 May 2012
Mrs. M. M. Cross (devon uk) - See all my reviews
This book is great fun if you have no experience of learning a new language. The cd is broken down in to 24 sections. If necessary you can put each section on repeat until you learn it. I found it useful for the basics especially when used along side the book. It doesn't include everything you need and some sections go too fast. It is only for beginners as it said on the front. However it was useful and the only one I purchased before and during my 6 month stay in Italy.

2.0 out of 5 stars ok, 17 Feb 2012
while this book is good for vocabulary it is not very helpful in learning to use it. it could be improved by adding some text to read and perhaps some practice excercises.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent and fun beginners guide to Italian, 2 Oct 2001
By A Customer
I thought this book was a bargain when you compare it to other language books and cassettes.
Perhaps not suitable for preparing for a business trip, but would suit a family or someone who lacks confidence in language.
The book is well illustrated and a delight to work through, the tape is excellent for helping you go at your own pace.
The book also recommends useful weblinks.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I thought, 9 Jun 2014
Not great. More for children I think. Still it is a start, which I suppose its what the book is about!

Italian for Beginners (Usborne Language Guides)
Italian for Beginners (Usborne Language Guides) by J Shackell (Paperback - 26 Oct 1990)
4.79