on 11 October 2009
This book is 40 pages long and small in size as well. It doesn't seem many but every single page is packed with information covering nearly everything you need to make cartoons.
Faces, caricatures, perspective , backgrounds, emotions, people, animals, scripts, special effects, frame layouts.
Really a great achievement to fit everything in.
It's perfect for a 10 year old to get a good start on quite a few topics.
on 30 April 2012
I have looked at a few "how to draw cartoons" books, and this for me is the best. I am not very good at drawing yet once I received the book I immediately started drawing caricatures (with some success). There is a lot of information packed into a small number of pages, such as drawing from different sides, moving pictures, drawing stereotypes, scenery and perspective, cartoon jokes, strip cartoons and special effects, drawing animals and how cartoon film are made.
on 2 August 2015
Having been a confirmed non-drawer all my life I've recently picked this out from my children's old books (they're all in there 30s now) and decided it was about time to learn. As I'm slowly progressing I'm appreciating the fantastic content and range more and more. There is so much brilliant stuff going on - with each page crammed with lively, joyful cartoons that are fantastically well observed. The drawings start off being simple but effective and gradually increase your skills and understanding. Love it.
on 5 February 2016
Very good book, to start cartoon drawing, very helpful, easy to follow.
on 20 February 2015
This is a smashing little book and my grandson loves it