5.0 out of 5 stars This book is Wonderful!
Published on 12 July 2006 by Bramble family

1.0 out of 5 stars NO CDs!
Our children had listened to the audio CD recordings of some of these stories when they were younger and I wanted to buy the recordings as a present for a friend with young children. The publisher's own website clearly states that the book comes with quote "4 CDs on which the stories are narrated by voiceover specialist, David Holt" (ISBN: 9780745949802). But there were...
Published 19 months ago by beachcomber

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is Wonderful!, 12 July 2006
We first heard about this book when we heard a story from it read aloud in an all-age worship service. Our four year old suddenly stopped wriggling and sat up and listened intently to the whole reading. We looked at each other and mouthed 'buy it'! Although it has a colour picture to go with each Bible story, it is really for kids who can listen to a story being read aloud. The stories are beautifully re-written, often letting me hear them in a new way, and the language accessible for kids. The day after we bought it, our four year old invited our neighbours' kids in to read it to him! We really like this book. And one story is never enough...

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy with confidence, 14 July 2009
R. Curl (UK) - See all my reviews
The 4 CD's fixed inside the hard cover of this book were a pleasant surprise. There are also some really useful hints for each story to aid the telling by providing some participation for the kids. I have a Scripture Union bible storybook as well. It's good, and probably more satisfactory for the purist, but these are well written absorbing stories, with plenty of scope for expression to keep the kid's entertained as well as informed.
I am really pleased I added this to our family collection. This is the one they will want to be read time and time again. Unsure what to go for? Buy this one with confidence.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lion Storyteller Bible, 21 May 2009
L. Sergeant - See all my reviews
Well told, readable, short Bible stories. This new edition has many more stories than the original, which we have used with our own grandchildren and in schools.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 8 May 2010
B. Anna (Hungary) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my 8 year old son, after finding 'The Easter Book' by the same author in the school library. If you want your child to become familiar with the colourful and culturally important stories from both the Old and New Testaments, without any evangelising, this is the one to buy. The illustrations are gorgeous and my son found it irresistible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for out-loud reading, 6 May 2011
This is the best book of Bible stories for reading out loud I have come across in my ministry. I've used it in Sunday school, for small groups, in schools for after-school clubs and, best of all for 'Open the Book' assemblies, which are a simple way of presenting Bible stories to primary school children. In fact, this book is so great, the entire first year of assemblies is contained within it!

It is not, however, a picture book-don't get me wrong, the illustrations are beautiful, but if you'd like a sentence-by-sentence illustrated stories for very little children, this is not it. Rather, it has a double page spread for each story with lovely illustrations, which I tend to show children after I've read the story. It's just crying out for reading aloud, adding some mime or drama, and telling the story of God to children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lion Story Teller Bible, 29 Jun 2009
Capt RMB Cooke (N. Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
A really great 'story' Bible for children, written in an extremely appropriate way for children probably aged 5 - 9ish depending on ability. I love the pictures too. The CD's are also an attraction, and they are simply read. They mght have been done a little more creatively, but are well worth having - such as for car journeys. I have used this Bible at home and in school assemblies. Really worth having or giving to someone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Open THE Book, 22 May 2010
D. C. Owen - See all my reviews
Bob Hartman's story telling ability is well known and appreciated by many who have heard him "tell a story". The Storyteller Bible is written with the same enthusiasm and creativity in bringing situations and characters to life. I thoroughly recommend it for children of all ages who want to connect to the greatest story ever told.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful re-telling, 2 July 2010
We find this an excellenbt set of stories to use with young children in the "Early Bird" Services at our United Reformed Church

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab bible for kids, 15 Mar 2010
At baptisms, I always like to give a children's bible that the child will grow up reading and enjoying. In my opinion this is by far the best, with great illustrations and with stories phrased in such a way that they will appeal to everyone. Well done Lion!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the 'Open the book' scheme, 5 Nov 2009
Paulo MS (Worcester, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Purchased to support the 'Open the Book' scheme used in our local primary school. Colourful, robust to use & good accompanying CD's. Good value.

The Lion Storyteller Bible with CD's
The Lion Storyteller Bible with CD's by Bob Hartman (Hardcover - 21 Jun 2013)
11.19