5.0 out of 5 stars Lion First Bible
A must for every child and an excellent Baptism present. Beautifully illustrated and the stories are well interpreted and well told. We have bought so many copies for schools, baptisms, grandchildren and godchildren.
Published on 2 Feb. 2009 by Rev IM Ainsworth-Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars a bit small
I have bought this item from bookshops before and recognised the cover. I have just checked the site and no information is given of the dimensions of the Bible. I would not have bought it had I known how small it was. Too small for a small child's Bible.
Having said all that the delivery was excellent.
Published on 30 Nov. 2012 by Chrissy

5.0 out of 5 stars Lion First Bible, 2 Feb. 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Biblically accurate, 13 May 2009
This review is from: The Lion First Bible (Hardcover)
If you are looking for a children's story Bible that will communicate the fundamentals of the Christian faith then this is a good choice. The virgin birth, Deity of Jesus Christ, crucifiction, buriel and resurrection are all covered using simple language.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good christening gift, 18 April 2009
This review is from: The Lion First Bible (Hardcover)
I bought this for my 3 year old neice who was being christened into the RC Church. I felt it was a very competent introduction to the Bible.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Lion First Bible, 30 Mar. 2009
This review is from: The Lion First Bible (Hardcover)
The stories are well written and in easy to understand language for children. They have many positive messages that can be used for examples in good behaviour and morals in this day and age. I have read this book cover to cover with my children many times and I would not say that I was a deeply religious person. The stories are very enjoyable in their own right. The latest purchases were for gifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first bible- but note it comes in two different sizes, 20 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Lion First Bible (Hardcover)
This is an excellent introduction to the bible. The stories are detailed enough to bring across the essence of the story but not too long for a bedtime read. My 3 year old daughter loves this. I wrote this review though to highlight to others that this bible comes in 2 sizes. The £7.69 version is a good size so that the child can see the pictures etc (each page is about half an A4 size). The £3.99 one is much smaller, the sort of size of an adult compact bible, which in my opinion is too small for sharing with a young child. You can see what the exact dimensions are by looking at the product details section. Wanted to highlight this as I bought a second one as a gift and was surprised when I received it to find it was so much smaller than our first one. Hope this helps others!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant way to introduce Bible stoies to your child, 19 Jan. 2001
By A Customer
This 'child-friendly' Bible is a great way of starting your childs experience of the stories in the Bible. The stories have been well & accurately adapted for the youg reader/ listener. Our 3 year old loves to have all the stories read to her over & over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars child friendly, yet still covering the serious stuff, 3 Nov. 2001
By A Customer
My 5 and 7 year old love this bible. It covers the main stories of both old and new testament in accessible ways, while still handling complex issues such as pentecost accurately. My 7 year old enjoyed reading it to herself as her reading improved. Even her non-churchgoing best friend loved it as a birthday present.
Well done Lion!

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful way to introduce children to the Bible, 3 Feb. 2002
By A Customer
The Lion First Bible is a wonderful introductory version of the Bible for children. As an Infant teacher I have searched many a time for suitable reading matter to introduce young children to the Bible. After purchasing this book I had to look no more. The stories need no precising and children fully understand their content. If you are looking to buy a young child a Bible then look no further.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, Awesome, Awesome, 15 Jan. 2002
By A Customer
This was wonderful for my 3 year old to listen to during her "quiet" time (time she plays by herself.) She hears many popular bible stories from this audio cassette, but also some that aren't usually children's fare, like Elijah, etc. She knows her Bible better than me, I think! She always asks for it. It is the exact reading of the "God's Word" bible by Pat Alexander. Cribbins, the narrator, has a British accent, which I actually consider a bonus. I like the fact that my daughter is exposed to a different English sound. And the accent isn't so thick that it is difficult to understand. Great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, 8 Dec. 2006
We came across this Bible in one of our church families, & now use it with the children reading at Family Services. The children (even those aged up to about 8) feel very comfortable with it, & because they don't have to struggle with words are able to communicate that much more effectively. Adults in the congregation are happy to listen to it, to hear the Bible from a new, different and sometimes startlingly clear angle, and as the Vicar I find that it speaks to me and provides new insights for my own faith.

Much more so even than the Lion Children's Bible.

The Lion First Bible
The Lion First Bible by Pat Alexander (Hardcover - 2 April 2008)